Author Topic: Milking  (Read 1908 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Milkrunners
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2003, 01:21:32 PM »
Originally posted by Sakai
Yes, it's slaughter when Mexicans do it

Yes, does the Battle of Goliad ring a bell?  Or that fact that at the Alamo it was a few thousand vs. a little over a hundred?  Yes, they were both slaughters.  San Jacinto was a brilliant military victory.  And yes, I AM a Texan.

Let's go to A4 for now.  Move along, nothing to see here.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Milking
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2003, 02:50:45 PM »
San Jacinto was a brilliant military victory.   Oklahoma is next:D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 12:55:00 AM by Slash27 »

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Milking
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2003, 03:58:41 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
San Jacinto was a brilliant military victory.   Okalahoma is next:D

As an Aggie fan I cannot comment on such.  All I can say is goodluck and beat the helloutta OU.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Milking
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2003, 06:46:05 PM »
FARKIN HELL!

You guys STILL "pissing and moaning" over this crap. :rolleyes:

Get you finger out and just get on with it and fly!

The CM's have explained to you 100 times that it is no big deal and easy to fix. No major harm done if they want to fly and capture a base on the far side of the map. Not everyone likes to "Furball" at one particular spot.

GEEZE this sounds like a damn room full of 3 year olds! If this is all it takes to get you up in arms maybe you need a break from the game. Go mow the yard or kick the cat.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 11:01:28 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Milking
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 08:17:36 PM »
Dammit, Jester .. keep up. If you ain't got sumpin' to say about Texans or Mexicans then you ain't keepin' up with the change of subject. Unless ... of course ... you're trying to get this thread back on course so you can beech about it still being typed in. :D

Oh ... yeah .. and dead hour milkers who reset and pork the map suck. ;)

Offline FireOf59

• Copper Member
Captures
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2003, 10:57:13 PM »
Jester,
Well said. Some people will and some won't. who cares...

Have ya'll gotten any feedback on the days it took 15 troops to capture a base? As one who participated in what I agree with ETA were "stealth" missions and some would call milkrunning, the requirement of 15 to capture definitely made the mission more challenging.

I think 15 should stay. Would definitely keep 1 person from taking a base and getting troops in to capture and if 1 did in this time, he damn sure deserves it.

Fireof59

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Milking
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2003, 11:10:42 PM »
Yea Fire, I think it went over well. Had good feedback from many on the test. From now on ALL of my set-ups will take 15 Troops to capture a field.
However, The other CM's want to keep it flexable depending on the map - which is their perogitive.

Arlo, as for Texas, they ain't seen a battle like is coming when the Razorbacks show up to play football. Gonna make the Alamo look like a Sunday Outing.  WOOOO PIG SOOOIE! :D
How is that?
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline walkingdead21

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader27.com
Milkrun
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2003, 11:39:39 PM »
Stop Thief!! (chuckle)
  Yeah, Ima milkrunner I've stolen my way across the pizza map in the MA with 475 dweebs up. I am in it for the realestate and I will take any base any which way I see fit. I will either defend a base or take a base. If I am taking a base it is logical to take bases that are not currantly being heavily defended. Or neighboring bases to either split the front or push the front back.

You wanna stop me you must do what I do to stop you. pork front line barracks or wait for me. I am always happy to fight anyone who will up to defend. Either way it is a two way street and everybody does it.  If you don't milkrun then you probably like to beat your head against solid objects as well. Another point is if there are 27bishops and only 6knights to defend not all 27 bish will hit only one base. No, if history is a lesson they will hit 3 to 4 bases thinning the defence out even further. Thus even in numbers milkrunning is a part of the game.

Fo rthe weak and feble who auger or f4 out while on their milkrun I say these are they who have no pride in themselves.

Why milkrun? simple logic and strategy.

(wanna know a secret? sometimes milkrunning is a faint!):D

Offline walkingdead21

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader27.com
troops
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2003, 11:48:16 PM »
BTW 15 troops on a town will not stop milkrunning. It does make it a bit tougher but it won't stop it. It is really easy to hire a wingman to run a goon along side yours.  For that matter you can just go the the MA and find someone who will wingya goonies.

Now if ya wanna stop milkrunners try 25 troops:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Milking
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2003, 01:04:14 AM »
I dont think stopping milking is needed but the 15 troop thing does slow down the blitz sometimes just enough for somebody to interdict. My biggest ***** about the milking is the guys who keep hitting the neutral bases. I realize you guys mention it in the MOTD, but some just keep on.(maybe try a neon sign?) Probably just newbies but they wont stop even when their own countrymen tell them too. Is there any way to make the ack and flak more intense at the neutral bases, or will that effect the whole arena?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Milking
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2003, 01:09:50 AM »
As an Aggie fan

Aggies?:rolleyes:   You wackos make the Branch Davidians look like the Cleavers:D

Just a joke Diablo, dont drive up here and shoot me:D

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Slash27.......
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2003, 01:12:39 AM »
Unfortunately, at present the coding and tables don't allow us to do what I think would work to stop people from hitting neutral bases.
If we could, I'd set the auto gunner lethality to 100 (maxed out) for all neutral bases, or just ones that need to be left alone, and let them beat their heads on the wall trying to figure out what is happening.
As it is, we can't, so all we as CT staff can do is look in the arena each morning and undo what the milkers did overnight.  Gotta be careful about it too.......changing a base from bishop to knight or vice versa can have devastating effects on players at those bases......;) .

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Milking
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2003, 02:15:19 AM »
Originally posted by Jester

Arlo, as for Texas, they ain't seen a battle like is coming when the Razorbacks show up to play football. Gonna make the Alamo look like a Sunday Outing.  WOOOO PIG SOOOIE! :D
How is that?

Well ... BBQ beef is better but if they's shippin' in pork ... wth ... bet we can put a sauce on it. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Slash27.......
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2003, 02:20:44 AM »
Originally posted by eddiek
Unfortunately, at present the coding and tables don't allow us to do what I think would work to stop people from hitting neutral bases.
If we could, I'd set the auto gunner lethality to 100 (maxed out) for all neutral bases, or just ones that need to be left alone, and let them beat their heads on the wall trying to figure out what is happening.
As it is, we can't, so all we as CT staff can do is look in the arena each morning and undo what the milkers did overnight.  Gotta be careful about it too.......changing a base from bishop to knight or vice versa can have devastating effects on players at those bases......;) .

At the risk of making an historical map just a tad bit ahistorical:

Take the bloody neutral bases and stick em 12 sectors away from everyone .... at the top of a 50k mountain .... with 50 aaa and ack emplacements. It'll be the black hole everyone ignores and won't hurt immersion ..... hopefully. :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Milking
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »
at the top of a 50k mountain .... with 50 aaa and ack emplacements.

Thanks Eddie. How about Arlos idea? Is there a limit to the amount of AAA guns you can place?