Author Topic: Milking  (Read 1906 times)

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Milking
« on: September 03, 2003, 04:22:16 PM »
If someone is bent on being a milkrunner, y'aint gonna stop them. Not unless you disable troops, and I just can't see them doing that full-time.

Most everyone in the CT has milkran at some point or another. Of course there will be people who want to say, "I HAVEN'T!" well, good for you- We'll start building your glass house next week. The rest of us, however, can continue on as we were.

I'm really getting kind of tired of everyone's constant complaining about milkrunning. It happens. Get used to it. It likely aint gonna stop anytime soon.

Not everyone likes to fly 24/7. I don't, seeing the words, "SYSTEM: Shane shot you down." 6 times in a row, for some reason, puts me in a slightly-less than happy mood and I don't particularly want to up again and make it 7. I've done it, but that's beside the point. Its nice to just roll out a GV and take a break. Go pork an out of the way base people aren't using at the moment and move on. It we take troops over: Fine. We took a base. Whee.

If people would prefer to hit .ef than fight, oh well. They're a chicken ***** and you likely wouldn't have enjoyed the fight anyway. Scare them off then go do something constructive, or play a nice game of follow the milker and just keep scarin' 'im off. If they're the only person on, well.. there are public channels for reasons, ask them if they wouldn't mind fighting. Only don't do it in a Shane-esque manner, because I'm sure as most of you have noticed his bedside manners leave something to be desired on occasion. (But yes, he can be a nice guy too.. but I doubt he wants that getting out. It'd ruin his reputation.)

We're all adults here, right? And the younger folks around here, while they aren't adults neccessarily... are pretty mature. Well, okay. Mature to the same level. Ahem. Anyway, point is... we /should/ all be able to bend a little and just learn to accept the fact that there are going to be milkrunners.

No one's duct-taped your rear-end to the chair, you are allowed to get up and go do something else if what's happening right then doesn't agree with you.

Flame on! Because I know I'm gonna get it for this post, but... kinda wanted to say something for awhile. Maybe someone will listen. Who knows. :)

(Disclaimer: I AM NOT PERFECT. There will be no need for people to point that out in the following replies. I know and realize this, I've milked- I've yelled at people for milking. I've gotten upset about the roster being uneven, and a load of other things. No one's perfect, and by no means do I expect you guys to be. Its part of your charm, I think. Just tone the whinning down some. ;) )

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Milking
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 06:39:18 PM »
milking doesn't bother me per se; it's the unadultered taking of bases during the wee hours by a few on certain maps that mess it up for others when they log on later.

as i think stream (?) mentioned if people wanna milk bases w/capture, why not simply take a base, switch sides, take it back, switch again, ad infinitum ad nausea?

oh yeah, and milking hq.... that's a bigggggg no-no.

i mean jeez, what good are perkies for the most part anyway? and rank?? you know who you are.

altho personally, i don't see why those who milk and hit .ef at the slightest whiff of  opposition simply don't fly offline where they face zero risk, or use the TA.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Milking
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 07:02:29 PM »
".ef" doesn't work online in the CT. I bet you're thinking "alt F4."

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Milking
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 09:21:16 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
".ef" doesn't work online in the CT. I bet you're thinking "alt F4."

sigh... so many clues....  so few willing to take them.

/.ef works very, very well when you're in a gv. alt f4 is what it takes if you're in the air - unless you auger in before the baddy gets close enough to get a proxy. disco = death, so there's no difference bewteen an auger/alt f4. i'm sure some might even try to land for a capture/ditch.

95% of the "milking" is done by gv weenies/score potatos.

the other 5% do it for a break, as kesolei indicated.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Milking
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 09:33:05 PM »
Ok,  whats .ef?

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Milking
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 10:40:14 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
milking doesn't bother me per se; it's the unadultered taking of bases during the wee hours by a few on certain maps that mess it up for others when they log on later.

You have to remeber that it may be the wee hours for you but for some people it's prime playing time, either due to work hours or living in different parts of the world.
Playing in Aus I wish we could switch to smaller maps during US early morning hours: 87 people on the big maps isn't much fun.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Milking
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 11:11:05 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
sigh... so many clues....  so few willing to take them.

Relax, Oopsy ... no need to act offended then try to impress me. Not everything is a slam at you, buddy. You just think it is. :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Milking
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 11:53:04 AM »
Originally posted by kesolei
Most everyone in the CT has milkran at some point or another. Of course there will be people who want to say, "I HAVEN'T!" well, good for you- We'll start building your glass house next week.  

I would like mine to be located next to a lake, preferably under some tall pine trees, in a northern climate.

- oldman

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Milking
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 08:55:52 AM »
The thing that really sux is the moron who always porks the damn radar.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Milking
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 10:53:40 AM »
Originally posted by najdorf
The thing that really sux is the moron who always porks the damn radar.

It's rarely bad enough to worry about, bombers need to bomb, it's their function.  You want them to have healthy mental outlooks don't you?  Bombing bases is not as satisfying (except in Finland) as bombing a variety of targets, need diverse targets--like in Finland.

I have never hit an HQ in CT, probably not in the MA either, but if it was close and I was bored and wanted to watch buildings go off, I might.  

does that make me a bad person?  I certainly hope so.  I do think that if people do not like it, they should spend time on interdiction as opposed to just furballing and whining that they aren't getting any furballs.  I do mostly furballing but I do a great deal of interdiction of milkers.  It is quite rewarding to catch a guy who thought he was going to get away with it all.  Something thrilling, like the actual war, about it.

To me though, whining about milking . . .well . . .it's their game too, you gonna make people give up HOs?  In some setups, the HO is a fearsome tactic because one side has an advantage in weaponry, toughness or both.  I mean is being HOd by one guy when you are furballing 2-5 on 1 any worse than a milkman?  Not in my book, in fact, since Bombing's function is to destroy materiel and capability as efficiently as possible, I tend to think that gang bang HOs and vultches are by far the bottom feeding behaviors in the CT.  We have entire squads that live for the Gangbang HO.  I think they are pooling their funds to invest in a volume discount vagina installation.  Here's hoping it all goes horribly awry, but I digress.  [an aside:  oh please God, let some weiner wagger demand that I name names, please, I haven't denied a dillettante in days now]

Hey, get a fighter or Ostwind, up at the base/nearby and kill the milkster.  If he persists, bomb his base--or vultch his ass.  Make wee-wee on his carcass.  Taunt him and fart in his general direction.  Who cares anymore, the subject's been beaten to death.  

I have dibs on strafing/bombing Oldman's new house o'glass.  If he does not want that to happen, he should fly CAP on it.  

Sakai
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 10:56:09 AM by Sakai »
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline eta32

• Zinc Member
Milkrunners
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 08:47:21 AM »
First.. if someone  attacks a base away from all the furball activitiy.. while the enemy is concentrating on one particular area.. this I call Stealth... and sound tactics.. in real warfare.. Stealth, misdirection, and deceiving the enemy along with hiding your activity is all part of warfare.
That being said.. if there are players on both sides in the CT.. and someone runs an attack on a field away from the action.. that is not milkrunning... Folks should have been paying attention.
However when the guys like Norad and Wraith come in during the early hours while the CT is empty.. and start taking bases...to me that is just plain stealing. and unfair.
During  times when both Sides are in the CT and fighting and taking bases and losing bases... both sides are fighting hard, to the victor goes the spoils.. but then just to have someone come in and steal the bases back..during off hours  is plain unfair.
I am not saying I have never done this because I have. Early during my "AH career" , I was guilty of doing this a few times.
However it dawned on me that what I was doing was in my opinion unethical and unfair to the players  that had been fighting hard during normal  hours.
I stopped this activity a long time ago. From that point on.. if there were no Axis in the CT..  I would  strafe or bomb an airfield just for the practice.. but I would not capture it.
After awhile I stopped even coming in if there  was no one to oppose me.
While AH will not do anything about this sort of activitiy.. we as a community need to police ourselves and not condone such activity by others.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: Milkrunners
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 09:27:09 AM »
Originally posted by eta32
First.. if someone  attacks a base away from all the furball activitiy.. while the enemy is concentrating on one particular area.. this I call Stealth... and sound tactics.. in real warfare.. Stealth, misdirection, and deceiving the enemy along with hiding your activity is all part of warfare.

Quite true.

I am not saying I have never done this because I have. Early during my "AH career" , I was guilty of doing this a few times.

Shame, shame that's your name . . .

I wouldn't wait by the mailbox for an invite to dine on duckling and streudel at Holy Saint Oldman's new glass house, not with an admission like that.  Might keep that off your resume too.  

But then, I'm going to milkrun it to hell some AM before it's finished anyways.

While AH will not do anything about this sort of activitiy.. we as a community need to police ourselves and not condone such activity by others.

Just get the female family members to contribute skirts for them to wear while they do it.  Then they can hang with their gang banging HO newly installed vagina nancy boy pals and call over channel one "Whazzup sista girlfriend!"  And all can feel they are part of something bigger and more special than their own sociopathies and neuroses.  

But we shouldn't mention these things, lest we embarass or offend anyone, so we'll simply pretend we never had this talk ok?

Yours in Milkrunning angst,

Sakai

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Milkrunners
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 10:40:54 AM »
Originally posted by Sakai
Quite true.

Just get the female family members to contribute skirts for them to wear while they do it.  Then they can hang with their gang banging HO newly installed vagina nancy boy pals and call over channel one "Whazzup sista girlfriend!"  And all can feel they are part of something bigger and more special than their own sociopathies and neuroses.  

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to be offended by that for my fellow female members of the world, or just start laughing at the thought of some of these guys running around in skirts and calling "Whazzup sista girlfriend!" over com 1.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Milkrunners
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2003, 12:08:02 PM »
Originally posted by Sakai
But we shouldn't mention these things, lest we embarass or offend anyone, so we'll simply pretend we never had this talk ok?

You know, you guys slay me.  In real war, the very BEST time to attack is when everyone else is asleep.  Just think of the Paoli Massacre, or San Jacinto, the battle that gave Texas back its manhood.  Launching a major operation when the enemy is in the sack is as close to a perfect sim as you can get.

You guys think this is a game or something?  Get real!  Lives and fortunes depend upon what we accomplish here.

- oldman

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Milkrunners
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2003, 12:48:30 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
You know, you guys slay me.  In real war, the very BEST time to attack is when everyone else is asleep.  Just think of the Paoli Massacre, or San Jacinto, the battle that gave Texas back its manhood.  Launching a major operation when the enemy is in the sack is as close to a perfect sim as you can get.

You guys think this is a game or something?  Get real!  Lives and fortunes depend upon what we accomplish here.

- oldman

Yes, it's slaughter when Mexicans do it, manliness when Texans do it.  That's why you and I don't do it despite its efficiency:  we are not Texans.

I thought Paoli was about PCBs????

My war cry from now on:  "Remember A4!"  We'll show them.

Sakai
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 12:53:16 PM by Sakai »