Author Topic: Hitech and Pyro - Some Useful Tips  (Read 1152 times)

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
Hitech and Pyro - Some Useful Tips
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2001, 12:26:00 AM »
Early bird catches the worm.  :D

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2001, 12:27:00 AM »
Do worms get up this early on sundays?

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2001, 12:31:00 AM »
So which part of Britain are you from Swoop? You give me the impression of a Yorkshire type of man...either that, or a Brummi.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2001, 12:33:00 AM »
Gee thanks.

Actually I've never been further north than Mansfield.  I'm a southerner.  Cant be more accurate than that cos I move around a lot.......living in Holland right now.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2001, 01:16:00 AM »
Let me summarize this request:

Hitech:  Please take every bad feature from WB and AW and cripple AH with them.  Also could you degrade the graphics quality; players always appreciate that.

That seems to about cover it.

Hooligan

Offline Kingonads

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2001, 01:28:00 AM »
Prymia I am not going to flame U but Y so much critisism?  Actualy HT has done a great job at the game somethings R still under improvement but it is a good game and AH does things that I havent seen in alot of other games it takes advice from the community, although AH community is considerably smaller than say Ultima online or DAoC or AC but it takes what is attainable and puts it in I only have the one complaint I want the glowing tracer not the trailing tracer option, I have never seen a tracer fired out of my M249(SAW) leave a gray trail just a red streak or "glowing" round it would make it alot easier to hit, but thats just my 2 cents Canadian ( or 1.33 cents US)

Good luck kid,
                              Hodo

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2001, 06:13:00 AM »
I have never seen a tracer fired out of my M249(SAW) leave a gray trail just a red streak or "glowing" round it would make it alot easier to hit, but thats just my 2 cents Canadian ( or 1.33 cents US)  

However I've seen guncam films which show clearly that tracers used back then left a trail of smoke. They didn't have smokeless gunpowder then either.

Pyemia: The mistake you make here is that you come as newcomer to this game and start making demands like you would have some kind of authority to do so.. The fact is that you haven't even learned to play this game yet.

Most of your suggestions would be considered as disimproving the game by the players. Although you made some good points too in your last post. The kill streak counter / WB style kill stat at roster would be a nice addition. I always liked it.

But mostly I do not agree with your 'improvements' because IMO they would take away from the gameplay, not add to it.

That frontal deflection thing of yours has no sense.. Were planes equipped with front shields in WW2?

If you don't like HO's just do what you're supposed to do: go into a zero G dive under his belly and reposition yourself to kill him.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2001, 06:41:00 AM »
Still believing your intentions are pure(ut oh.. am I hooked?   :D), I have but to say this Pyemia.

AH is a evolving game. I was here from version 1.05, I went through 1.06, 1.07 and am residing currently within the oogly Rookland in 1.08. AH does change, Py, it is not stagnant. We associate "Air Warrior" or "War Birds" with the word "stagnant", not AH.

Dunno, perhaps some day in the future, AH might become stagnant, too, but you worrying about stagnancy with facts based upon two weeks of trial membership is... well, what can I say... not very appropriate. Doesn't this seem a little weak for base of arguments to you too   :confused: ?

The people of AH feel most of your points are either not necessary or absurd.

Some of your points are valid, of course. That's undeniable. For instance, although my personal impression on your remarks about graphics are pretty skeptical, ultimately, better and better graphics with lowest possible user-end systems is a goal for every on-line game company there is. There are some problems in AH, and it isn't too long since AH tried it's hand out with DirectX 8.0. Graphical improvements certainly will come in future patches and versions.

On the other hand, your suggestions about some of game play systems or flight models were pretty vague, and I tried to explain why the things you suggested were turned down.

For instance, the "HUD" suggestion. AH is pretty lenient with some issues concerning aircraft modelling, but ultimately, their agenda is realism. No outside views, no warning lights and NO HUD. You judge things with your eyes. All the other info needed is either already built in(ex. range indicators and icons), or is to be used under your own risk(dally around looking at the clip board and maps, and you will be bounced). Suggesting HUD was certainly not very constructive.

Your other suggestions aout aircraft flight modelling were pretty vague too. You suggested it should be looked into, yet, you didn't say what was wrong, how it should be fixed and etc.

Basically, though many people express anger towards you, these sort of things are not impossible to be cleared amongst people. I sincerely suggest you give it some more try, and though the flaming accusations may come, keep retainin the reasonable attitude I see from you. Ask things as you gain more experience from AH, and I'm very sure you will understand - as have I. (You don't know the power of the Dark Side... yet  :eek: )

Please, give it some more try. Please give us proof or specific examples when you feel something is wrong, and in that case, people will try to answer you why it isn't like that in AH.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Kweassa ]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2001, 06:58:00 AM »
Beer for Hooligan.

Offline vatiAH

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2001, 07:04:00 AM »
Gentlemen,

Put the bait down and back away slowly.   NO NO !!   Put it down Kweassa!!  NO NO!!   Damn !!    He hooked another one  :(
Ductus Exemplo:  Lead by Example

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2001, 07:47:00 AM »
I nominate Kweassa for sainthood.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2001, 08:35:00 AM »
I don't know if Pyemia is a troll or not, but I can say 100 per cent that my first post wasn't. It just turned into a troll after all the moronic answers I got.

Go back and read your original thread, every word. You'll note that I tried to be helpful to you, and was giving you advice on a game you want to play. You'll note that airspro was offering to send you that game for less than the price you're going to pay for it (assuming the company lasts long enough to release in Europe- no joke). You made some inane comments that I ignored at first, figuring you were new. You commented how you could not complete BCM that virtually any newbie in the game can perform, yet went onto say you knocked down a jet and some other perk plane. I commented "anyone can get shot down", (true!) and the roof fell in.

Since that time you have taken to attacking the community (which you more or less were doing anyway originally) and crying victim at the same time. You wanna play? Fine by me. Don't wanna? That's fine too, but it is your own fault you are received the way you are. It isn't that you have great ideas to improve the game and we are so shallow and can't understand your greatness- believe me, we have waded the depth of that river already. It's that you have combined arrogance (completely ironic as it is a quality you say you detest) with ignorance (you haven't the slightest idea about BCM or ACM, and your posts prove it) and you just won't back off.

You, friend, are behaving like a buffoon. You were getting help, but you had to puff that chest out there, and your posturing lost you any credibility you had.  :rolleyes:

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
...you people are just driving them away?

Not really. Kind of like your claim of how good you were via way of an over blown and wildy exhagerated kill-to-death ratio. If this statment was in the least bit true true you and the NemicNumbnuts would not be here anymore.

Westy

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
On the subject of traces; modern incendiary rounds use magnesium, that's why they don't leave phosphorous trails . Oh and once I sent the barrell of a saw down range, ag's fault .

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the nomination Oboe!  

I, the saint of AHBBS condemn all you "not nice" people to FDB pizza parlor!!  :D

* Hee hee *