Author Topic: Old War Weenies Are Just Old  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Pirate BK

• Zinc Member
Old War Weenies Are Just Old
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2003, 07:37:31 PM »
Well I tend to try various AC out from time to time. Also I tend to fly the spit v or fm2 as of late, though I do jump into a pony from time to time as I do enjoy this plane. Hence my reason for posting Zipy... true the pony is fast good vis, great range on a 75% fuel load out. But B&Z dweeb buggy? Have you ever droped flaps 25% and churned it up? Silly me I though it was a turn fighter with the ability to get me too the fight faster. Then again I am truely a dweeb .. I auger many times rather than land (to save time 'course> on many ocasions. I could not tell you my score. I also threaten to "fly for real" just to see how I would do, but never seem to manage the patience. Also on any ocasion I jump into the fight no matter my status or the odds & against the cry of one of my squadies < rickT > who fly's the pony far better than I. I just thank the powers that be that those flaps deploy when ever I need them too & hope for atleast one kill before the horde gets me.

All this was great fun, but now .. that I know the truth. The P51 is a dweeb B&Z plane what am I too do. I fly this bird all wrong :). Guess I'll hide out in the spit5 or fm2 till I learn to get it right.

Pirate

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2003, 03:08:11 AM »
ROFL, Zipp! Nice post.

Come to think of it, quite a few of the BK/TAS alliance are old farts who have passed 50. :D

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2003, 06:36:53 AM »
Originally posted by sax
I just read all of Zip's post and finally realized he insulted me.

Talk about old and slow.

Hehehe I hear ya Sax, afraid I resemble that remark too. ;)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2003, 07:53:31 AM »
Damn, missed squad night yesterday, my bad gents.  As for planning the mission, well, I’d have to say I’m a natural born follower.

Not one of those mindless liming followers, but the one who’ll frag his leader and find a better one ;).

That’s true Pirate, the P51 really doesn’t turn very well so I wouldn’t.  Of course, if I seem to remember right I was turning pretty good with Sax in the DA.  He was in an FM2 of course, been some time ago though.

I’ll slow down and stall fight in a 51 just not with spits, niki’s, or zero’s.  P40’s, oh yeah, I’ll slow down for you.  Most US stuff I’ll slow down a bit except for the F6F.  The right pilot in that aircraft and I have too many problems getting angles.

Oh, and yaks, never, NEVER, slow down for a yak.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2003, 08:02:25 AM »
In late war planes like the pee 51, deedee9 or g10... you get to lurk around the fights.... allways keeping your e up and hoping no one is even higher than you that you can't still "extend" away from (for half a sector or more sometimes)...

In an early war plane.... you are the fight.
lazs

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2003, 08:46:48 AM »
Been waiting for you lazs… I seem to remember a con picture of you.

How’s the rheumatoid and the cataracts?  

Did you oppose the speed limit increase years back?  I can see as how going from 55 to 65 could cause some calculation problems.

:D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2003, 08:58:57 AM »
Maybe it's time to form an old farts squad and show these whippersnappers a uh... what were we talking about :confused:

(where'd I put that geritol)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2003, 08:58:58 AM »
Lazs.. you say that like it's a rule to flying anything post '43?

I fly the G10 and i'm not afraid to turnfight with it. Especially against stupid Spit9s or N1Ks.

I'm not afraid of diein at all. (well, unless i'm in a perkie, which is rarely)

Mostly though.. I don't run, and it's rare i extend.. I just don't fight hurris or FM2s because i'de have to at the least half-BnZ :p

Had a fun 1 on 1 in the MA with Fariz' La5 in a turnfight.. lasted a few minutes and i never ran.

Yeah, i'm just tootin my own horn, but early war isnt elite, it's just all the newbies online these days that fly the late war for speed to run away or auger into a hangar quicker.

There are no good or bad planes, and no one has the right to be the judge of that's correct to fly.

(Ruh roh, it's my 666th post! I'm eeeeeeeebil. )

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2003, 11:25:47 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
In late war planes like the pee 51, deedee9 or g10... you get to lurk around the fights.... allways keeping your e up and hoping no one is even higher than you that you can't still "extend" away from (for half a sector or more sometimes)...

In an early war plane.... you are the fight.
lazs
ROFL Lazs!  

Now I know why you wouldn't like an RPS: For most of each tour, you'd have nothing to complain about. :D

BTW - I won a turnfight in a G10 with a N1K who was on my 6 yesterday. Film available - just whistle! :cool:

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2003, 11:49:50 AM »
gotta remember with N1Ks.. They cut well, but thier sustained turn stinks.. That and the G10 turns a lot better than people think it's gonna

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2003, 08:05:33 AM »
zip... 65 is all right so long as it doesn't take more than about 5 seconds to get there.

yeah rut... guess I was mistaken about the gee 10 guys.... real furballing, fun loving lot they are.

beetle... ?   RPS is nothing but one big uneven and unfair mess with maybe one or two historical periods with parity... nothing to be done with the boredom of no variety in the fights tho with even the best RPS matchup (gee... I wonder what that 109 is gonna do?)
lazs

Offline Strange

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2003, 09:09:17 AM »
As much as I like flying the Big Jug :D

I'd have to pull for the P-40E/P-51B combo. I think people find it the most under estmated birds in the flock.  Granted when flying the Pony B you have to be up someone's  6 and less then 300 yards to kill'em it make it fun.

Same goes for the P-40E.  As long as theres no LA-7/Niki's around the plane can hold it's own. I've seem some of the better skilled pilots have some sucess with it.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2003, 06:36:47 PM »
Nothing better for a combination of both BnZ and stall and turnfighting then a Jug.  Once it gets low...it's not running away from much....and diving into the fray in that BigAss Bird is a hoot!
Nothing like dropping flaps for an over shoot...or reversal and letting those 8 .50s open up on the suprised opponent.

One can only BnZ so long in the Jug.....loses energy quickly because of it's weight.....and it sure can make a pony flop around at slow speeds when the pony has lost it's E and trying to stay upright and keep from stalling....then the pony pilot notices the Jug turn inside it easily.....and if on the deck....there's no way for
the Jug to pickup E.....he's gotta fight his way out....that's the
fun of flyin' that BigAssed Bird
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 09:00:44 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline drone

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2003, 06:47:43 PM »
gotta love the 11 for that hajo --I'm suprised at the amount of people who scream cheater at me for out turning their spit

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2003, 08:57:21 PM »
Drone...yup....11 good...but I prefer the D30
- The Flying Circus -