Author Topic: "Lets roll!"  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2003, 08:47:03 PM »
This is on my favorites list. It's not there because I like it, it's there to remind me of what really happened and to keep the faces of those who were killed and used to kill in my memory. I can't watch it without crying.

I posted this on another thread but it's relevant here so I pasted it on this thread.

It never ceases to amaze me that other nations and people don't understand how deeply the average American can be angry. The case in point is the attack at Pearl was over 60 years ago and we as a nation are stiull angry about it. Just figure that this attack was, in reality a bona fide militry targert and against a military force. A general atttack against a civilian population was not implemented. Granted there was no declaration of war and we are STILL pissed about it as a nation. We do NOT forget it or the losses of men from it.

Now over 50 years later the US is attacked again, this time against a civilian target, with purely civilian aircraft and hostages as a weapon. The losses are about half again the number of dead at Pearl. There was no declaration of war, there was no valid (from a civilized perspective) method of attack or target. This was a sneak attack using the helpless to wage war on the defenseless.

Given the nature of this situation, the past history this nation has about being atttacked you'd damn well BETTER expect us to be angry and we will NOT forget it. We will NOT drop the issue. If you cannot accept this or help then at least get out of the way and let us take care of business. You should also not be found aiding or abetting the enemy or in some fashion you will be held accountable. This goes even if it is nothing more than a grass roots civilian boycot of your goods.

This is as simple as I can make it. I understand the feelings of many in this nation and share them, particulary the disgust and contempt for the terrorist and their sympathizers.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2003, 08:51:40 PM »
Let us never forget.

Brought tears to my eyes.

Two years on, and I too still want to know "Why?", what has America done to deserve such a cowardly attack? I'm not an American, but the events of that day, and seeing that movie in Rip's link, just make me ANGRY.
Guttless terrorist salamanders.

To those who went above and beyond when they were needed the most, the world thanks you.

To our brothers in arms in the middle east now due to this, thankyou, stand tall, stand proud, come home safe.

RC51  : Hell If I where pres The middle east would be uninhabitable for the next ten thousand years.   wholeheartedly agree, and must admit to being awed at the level of restraint shown by a group of people who have the means to do exactly that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 08:56:46 PM by Bluedog »

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2003, 09:24:37 PM »
Ran out of tears..

And my question still is, why?
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2003, 09:35:46 PM »

Offline Dega

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.cox.net/on-your-6/index.html
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2003, 10:22:20 PM »
Hobodog - THANKS!

I knew of a couple of those but more were new to me.  Thanks for taking the time to find and share those.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2003, 10:46:55 PM »
Thanks Rip for sharing that link with us and thanks to all who have dropped in a poem or lyrics to a song in here as well.

As I watched that it brought the day back full force in my mind. Tears and all.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2003, 12:06:32 AM »
Good read on all the posts. Sometimes its good to discuss it instead of keeping it all bottled up.  Im loaded, gotta sleep.

all of ya.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2003, 06:36:27 AM »
Tears ran to an ice-cold anger long ago, if you can't understand our anger, you need to evolve as a human.

Thanks Rip and everyone, least we forget the feelings and resolve we had that day of infamy.

"They have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve"...again

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2003, 06:57:17 PM »
Scooter you put in fewer words the very concept I was trying to make.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2004, 06:18:41 PM »
Sorry Skuzzy, this is one I'll be punting every year. :(

Ya'll have a good week-end, I'm outta here.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2004, 06:23:15 PM »
Yep, it should just be automatic.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2004, 06:34:29 PM »
Don't you dare apologize for this one Rip.  Some things should never be forgotten and those that died on that day should always be remembered.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2004, 06:38:22 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
I cant watch that without a tear sneaking out and I dont even cry at funerals...

I had a long post typed out... but deleted it.

Im just angry.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2004, 06:44:41 PM »
A horrible day on so many levels.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
"Lets roll!"
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2004, 08:12:11 PM »
I remember watching that last year, I can still barely sit through it, it makes my blood boil still apparently.

USA, kill them all, let God sort them out.