Author Topic: Where were you on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Where were you on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001?
« on: September 11, 2003, 08:20:02 AM »
I was at home, goofing off before going into work, practicing a few laps at Brands Hatch in Grand Prix Legends. I had the radio on, and they reported a plane crashing into the WTC. So, I stopped playing and went into my bedroom and turned on CNN. Within a minute, I watched the second plane slam into the undamaged tower.

I sat there completely transfixed for the next four hours. Didn't go to work until noon that day.

Where were you?

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 08:22:23 AM »
I was delivering Duct work with my buddy listening to every thing unfold on the Howard Stern show live, begging to find a TV some where!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 08:24:12 AM »
On holiday in Turkey.  Woke up late, breakfasted and then went for a wander down to the local Turkish cybercafe.  On the walk there I noticed that in every bar on the way there was a crowd of people around the TV.......found out why when I got online.

Next few hours were spent in the hotel room with BBC world news.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 08:24:20 AM »
Fifth avenue and 45th Street...NYC, NY.

I saw it live......

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 08:25:07 AM »
Was at work, the word spread very fast, we all went to watch the TV and it was unreal when we saw the second AC crash "live" on TV...

One of my strangest moments in life i think.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 08:25:23 AM »
At work on the phone with my wife...it came over her radio as she was commuting.  Her first task as she arrived at work that day was to organize a team of Burn nurses to fly out to New York.

I was upset so I left work and went home...I'd rather explain to my then-5 year old what had happened than our nanny since no doubt she had the tv on.  We ended up going to Costco and replenishing our emergency supplies and I've used this date ever since to rotate our emergency supply stocks.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 08:26:40 AM »
Was at work.

Brother and Father had just got home from a morning shift, just after the first plane hit. They saw the second one strike live on TV. They telephoned me - I didn't believe them at first, and neither did anyone I told at work. A strange day.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 08:38:12 AM »
I was in AH when some guys on channel 1 started screaming about some plane crash...took me a few mins before i realized they where not kidding.... Some guys was sure they where kidding and started throwing crap around.

Went over to the sofa and stayed there waching CNN the rest of that day.

Cant belive its been 2 years already

Good luck today USA, lets hope the day goes by without any incidents

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 08:47:15 AM »
I was in my office, when I got an email with a pic from a friend in NY. He was watching it happen. Everyone in the office came in to my office and we borrowed a TV from the library that is 2 floors below us, hooked it up to the cable and watched everything play out.

After about an hour most everyone went home, it was too hard to concentrate after something like that.
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline trolla

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2003, 08:51:35 AM »
I was just back from school, and saw a newsflash on my local tv.
Then i swithced to CNN and got it all in my face, that day I will remember very well.

It was just to much to absorbe in a few minutes, but now i remember it pretty clearly.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2003, 08:52:59 AM »
I was in the office and heading into a meeting when I bumped into my father who said he had just heard two planes had hit the Towers.

I ran to my computer and started to look at the unfolding disaster online.

A sad, horrible day.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Where I was....
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2003, 08:54:54 AM »
I had just arrived in a small fishing village on the coast of France called Casais near Marsaille for some business strategy meetings. Sort of a retreat so to speak. I had been on an all night flight from DFW to LGW and then on to Marsaille via British Airways. Meetings were to begin the following day. I was drinking a beer and eating a pizza when a coworker got the call on his GSM phone. I just could not believe what I was hearing.

We then finished our food quickly and walked back to the hotel bar where there was a big screen television. It was surreal. I had been there at the WTC several times. I knew people who worked there. Thankfully all made it out but at the time I thought the loss of life was much greater.

I remember visiting Monte Carlo the following weekend but really could not enjoy anything. It's sort of a blur. I remember being in a really cool dance place/bar and some cute girl started a smilling conversation with me but I just wasn't interested in fun.  She was from Romania. I never new if she was there for fun as well or maybe working. I told her I was really depressed after everything that happened. I guess she could see it in my eyes. She stayed with me through the next day. I don't even recall her name.

Wish I could easily post a picture of where I was in the south of France...

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2003, 08:57:35 AM »
i was at home ill while i should have been at school, with a chest infection.  Was lying in bed when i got a phone call from my mum telling me something had crashed into the twin towers.  I turned on sky news just as the second plane hit the building. :(

Spent the next 2 weeks or so glued to the news.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2003, 09:06:55 AM »
Lower Manhattan.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2003, 09:16:46 AM »
I was on 20th and Morrison driving into work listening to the radio.  That's when they said the second plane had just hit.

MiniD