Author Topic: It's been a year, what now?  (Read 470 times)

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
It's been a year, what now?
« on: September 12, 2003, 09:09:48 AM »
It's been a year since I subscribed,

My K/D has risen from murky depths to slighty over 4 so far for this tour. With main rides F4U-1, P-51B and FM-2 that is.

I'm getting more and more clueless however how some people manage astronomical scores and K/D rates, not a bit better, not significantly better but a huge world apart. How do they do it? Experience? Cheating? Talent? A combination of these factors?

It's just a flying game after all, with practice, patience and a bit of study you can improve and avoid mistakes. I did. But how those aces do it? I'll never understand.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 09:46:45 AM »
be in the right place in the right time

deciding where you going to take off makes a world of a difference

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 10:17:10 AM »
hogenbor

I am also at the same kind of stage as you, been here just over a year and a bit If i try hard In my favourite planes i can manage a decent K/D  ex last tour in yak had 29/4 (only 3 deaths to nme), but over all I tend to end up with 2-4 depending on how many stupid planes, positions i put  myself in.

There are a few truly talented individuals out there make no mistake, but I believe (know) many of the scores you see are just the result of serial vulcher score padders :(

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 11:11:32 AM »
Well there are people who fight smart with wingmen and stay out of harms way.  Then, there are the people who are just damn good.  There are the ones that fly the N1K's and all that other dweeby crud:)  And finally there are hte people who have 2 accounts and have 1 of there accounts go to a diff country and and just vultch the living cr@p outta that acount or have a freind up a different country so that they can vultch em.

Offline sonofagun

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 11:28:47 AM »
Originally posted by YUCCA
And finally there are hte people who have 2 accounts and have 1 of there accounts go to a diff country and and just vultch the living cr@p outta that acount or have a freind up a different country so that they can vultch em.

You're either joking or paranoid...you didn't leave a smily face.

:)

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 03:41:33 PM »
You know what, I'm not that good a pilot I believe... getting a (much) better idea about the right place to be at the right time makes a LOT of difference, I figured that much out. That's why I improved so much, not that I fly better.

I also live in Europe, when I'm on there simply isn't at much to shoot at! Furthermore, for 95% of the time I fly alone... was in squad once but it was an American bomber squad (go figure how much I flew with them) and it's now disbanded. That having said, few things have been more satisfying than saving a squaddies butt :D

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 04:59:45 PM »
Um paranoid? No, some people do it.

Offline Raven101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 08:34:38 PM »
I say your a noob... a hell of a noob if you cant take on an la-7 or niki, plus then you suck. P.S. good pilots dont complain they fight;)  if ya get me

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 09:14:11 PM »
Partly luck, partly planning, partly style.

Forget score, are you having fun?

Then when else matters?

If not, why not?
Change somthing.

Try a 1 life special event, give the CT a try for a tour, get up before breakfast & fly for an hour in the morning when #'s are low & connects are solid.

You get the picture.