Author Topic: JASE Vs. Nash  (Read 570 times)

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
JASE Vs. Nash
« on: May 03, 2000, 11:18:00 PM »
Well this was one for my "best of fights" training files.  Honestly, I can't even remember who did what, and in what fight.  What I do know, is that we fought in spits for all the fights.  Fight 1 went to Nash as we did wing over after wing over, I ping Nash, wing over Nash pings JASE, wingover JASE pings Nash...ect.  I killed Nash's engine, but it was to tight for me to pull out of the fight, and he got my wing on a squeaker.  Amazing fight by Nash to say the least.  2nd fight went to JASE, as I belive I got a lucky shot by knocking out Nash's tail on the 3rd pass. 3rd fight went to JASE, but I honestly can't remember how that fight went.  4th fight went to Nash to even it all up at 2-2.  Let me tell anyone who has to fight Nash in the upcoming duels.  He is one SMART flyer.  His ability to turn is virtually perfect, but it was his SA and mind that scored him the win in fight 4.  The final fight went similar to the 4th fight, except I was lucky enough to stay with Nash after the 2nd pass.  JASE wins by a hair.  The great thing about this duel was not who won or lost for me, but what I learned.  He pushed my spit to the extreme and then some, at times blowing me out of the sky to make his point.  I will humbly move on, reminded that I have been, and always will be a student of this sim.  Salute Nash, and I pity his next opponent.

------------------
Jase
"To Everything Turn..Turn..Turn"

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
JASE Vs. Nash
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2000, 11:32:00 PM »
WTG, and I will post the results in the morning!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
JASE Vs. Nash
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2000, 03:46:00 PM »
Jase... one brutally tough, unforgiving opponent. Felt like I was fighting inna straight jacket   . But, I pretty much expected this from my flights with him in the TA. This guy is frighteningly gooooood. The slightest, *slightest* error costs ya big time. His merges are so bang on, they leave ya with only two or three options, all of them bad ones.

This tournament has been a great opportunity for me to meet some oustanding pilots and really learn from them. Class acts all, and Jase is certainly no exception. <S>. I look forward to flying with you more in the future Jase, and I thank you for being another reminder that this hobby is truely richer for me when there are people like you to aspire to.