Author Topic: China sends 150,000 troops to NK border  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
China sends 150,000 troops to NK border
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 01:58:07 PM »
"shoot the refugees "

Rest assured they will.  But after they're onboard inbound civilian airliners so they can do it with a clear conscious.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2003, 02:07:36 PM »
WTG China.  
People forget how well the Chimpy administration handled the EP-3 incident.
It's paying off.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2003, 02:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
"shoot the refugees "

Rest assured they will.  But after they're onboard inbound civilian airliners so they can do it with a clear conscious.

We'll never get a chance. Americans will shoot them in the international airspace before they'll cross our border.

What a silly joke :rolleyes:

Maybe I am paranoid, but it smells like a big war, and it's very sad :(

I still didn't find anything about this in Russian news sources. I wonder if Western media already comments on it?

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2003, 02:12:49 PM »
I think it would be a very short war, but, as with all war, very hard on the people involved.  The sad part is the deluded SK, who think they can deal with NK.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2003, 02:18:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gadfly
I think it would be a very short war, but, as with all war, very hard on the people involved.  The sad part is the deluded SK, who think they can deal with NK.

SK doesn't think they can deal with NK, they just want to preserve the status quo as long as possible, hoping NK will improve.  The two things the SK government fears most are war with the north, and re-unification with the north.  Both would set SK back 50 years.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2003, 03:06:23 PM »
Think this isn't giving CNN fits?

CNN news director - "Ok guys, who do we go with?"

reporter A - "NK!"

reporter B - "No, China's communism is older!"

reporter A - "No, NK are our brothers, they are getting kicked by a communist bully that has trade with the evil free-enterprising Amercians!"

reporter B - "Thats just so they can pay for more schools, hospitals, universities and other high level learning institutes for THE PEOPLE!"

news director - "Ok, we will go with both."

both reporters - "Yes comrade!"
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2003, 04:27:29 PM »
Thats right, China being a growing country/economy cant afford to goof this one up or have poor crazy unpredictable neighbors.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2003, 04:52:42 PM »
Originally posted by MrCoffee
Thats right, China being a growing country/economy cant afford to goof this one up or have poor crazy unpredictable neighbors.

You know the old timers that fear communism always warned that China's goal is to simply dominate the world?  Well, there is some truth to that, though it will be done economically.  Like you said, they don't want any one making waves while they sail this ship from point A to point B.

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2003, 05:05:10 PM »
Well they aint laying on their backs 10 years to decide what to do. Forty years later they aint grown a bit.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2003, 05:06:39 PM »
Originally posted by MrCoffee
Well they aint lying on their backs 10 years to decide what to do. Forty years later they aint grown a bit.

148 billion dollars compared to our paultry 86 billion in exports? I'd say their doing something! Maybe not for the infrastructure of their country/people, but they're doing *something* :D

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2003, 05:35:12 PM »
If anyone's interested on information for the Chinese, or any country for that matter. Armed Forces check this site out...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/index.html

Makes interesting reading.

...-Gixer
~Hells Angels~

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2003, 05:43:40 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
148 billion dollars compared to our paultry 86 billion in exports? I'd say their doing something! Maybe not for the infrastructure of their country/people, but they're doing *something* :D

Rip, joo just might be able to teach me a few things. I had no idea their exports were that much. I guess the world has a supply and demand for beach balls and Hot Wheels. Are they making footbals now?

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2003, 05:55:45 PM »
What makes you think their not doing anything for the infastructure of their country or people?

Good friend of mine has been working in China for the past 5 years installing celluar networks. He's always saying how much it has changed in the past 2 years let alone 5. Especially in the big ciities.

Hoping to visit him next year and see for myself. China's current growth rate is quite something. Intel's just invested about 800 million in a new factory there.

...-Gixer
~Hells Angels~

Originally posted by Ripsnort

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2003, 12:25:39 AM »
Don't get all "Ya China!" yet.

This latest action is China's way of saying "FU!" to the US.

The US asked China to let a whole crapload more NK starving refugee's across the board.  China responded by putting 150,000 troops on the boarder.

Now you tell me what you think that means?

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2003, 02:26:14 AM »
Means I thought US would be use to China saying "FU" by now. Why is that a suprise? Their border, if they want to put 150,000 troops there for what ever reason why should it concern US?

...-Gixer
~Hells Angels~