Author Topic: Convergence/Gunnery Tips?  (Read 412 times)

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
Convergence/Gunnery Tips?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 1999, 08:18:00 PM »
Good thread, great responses.
Teeder1, the term HO means "Head On" if thats what you are ?'ing. I try very hard not to HO.Ima fair shot in the HO, but rather not give the other guy a shot. Sometimes there is little else you can do, but rather than give the guy a shot, roll and break up, down, left, or right depending on what is going on. The earlier the break, the better, like 2 or 300 yards before the merge. That could give you the jump you need to saddle up and use your convergance effectively.

Camel

Offline Hollywood

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 1999, 09:03:00 PM »
TT I think the discrepancy with HO distances & convergences may be a lag thing.  Two planes coming together have a high rate of closure.  The distance involved from the time of firing till the time of impact may also be considerably different.

------------------
It's a good day for flying!

General Chuck Yeager

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 1999, 09:18:00 PM »
HW nailed it on the head..

If i started letting shots of in the HO merge at my convergence setting 300, the AC would allready have passed me by in the time it took to track his wing with my .50..

I start at 1.2 and aim hi.once i see a hit ill use Z key to zoom and start tracking my shots allong the AC wing..

As you can imagine, going into the HO merge with a FW or La5 and shooting for center mass i wouldnt last to long..

Ive check my plane stats against the La5 & 190.  p51 angainst either of these 2 in an HO is sure death  

TT

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 1999, 02:44:00 AM »
 Well if you must HO ( ). I suggest the rudder shot. You get pinged a little but if done right it wont hurt you.