Author Topic: Fighters' K/D in Beta 2  (Read 667 times)

Thermo

Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 1999, 12:54:00 AM »
I never liked the G series 109 FWIW....

I opted for the F and maybe K in WB's....

Some of my most memorable fights were in F's...it was great executing a climbing spiral on some dweeb.....

The K was a rocket and not much else....and that clip was pitiful.....For a while the 110G2R2 was the ride for me....those 30mm's were unbeatable...Some HO FW dweeb does a BnZ  and BOOOMMMM ! EAT IT FW ! A fat stream of 30mm will make you think twice.

AH FE crashes on me and I been on the fence since.

JHL

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 1999, 02:13:00 AM »
"Some of my most memorable fights were in F's...it was great executing a climbing spiral on some dweeb....."

Oooh, the good old times  

shower

Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 1999, 08:22:00 AM »
a lot of people complain about compression in the 109.  lower flaps during a dive and the problem goes away.

shower

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 1999, 09:09:00 AM »
Shower:
Being able to lower flaps in a dive will eventually be nixed in AH.  The reason is that realistically it couldn't be done.  And if for some reason an aircraft could drop flaps, the chance of damage to the flaps was very real and probable.

In fact, almost all flaps will 'blow back', that is return to their original position if they are dropped above a certain airspeed.  This is a safety feature.  What that speed is varies from aircraft to aircraft and from whatever drop angle even.

A better way to get a 109 out of a hi-speed dive is to use elevator trim to pull up.

------------------
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline -ik-

• Copper Member
      • http://members.cruzio.com/~jeffs
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 1999, 12:38:00 PM »
if you really believe that a German AH, using German test data from WW2, and German pilot comments would be anything like this AH, you have a lot to learn about human nature   Which is the right way? Neither, probably somewhere in the middle. I'm surprised that anyone who has flown WB would trust the same game creators to make a proper 109G!

Leonid, yes I've tried AH, didn't like it much, but I think it has potential

Offline -ik-

• Copper Member
      • http://members.cruzio.com/~jeffs
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 1999, 12:40:00 PM »
hey guess what, I just read the "cajones" thread and pyro posted that he porked the 109 on accident. hehe.

shower

Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 1999, 09:23:00 PM »
yeah, i know that a real plane couldn't use its flaps, it's just to compensate for the exagerrated compresibility in the 109.  i assume they will address the flight model issues with the 109 before they remove the ability to use flaps.

-shower

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 1999, 03:07:00 AM »
shower, i don't know that it's exaggerated.  Most of what I've read says it isn't.

btw, i've used the AH 109 in the same way i used to use the WB 109K-4 with no problems. i can dive down 5000ft. for a gun pass at 400mph with engine almost idle, firewall it back up 5000ft., then do it all over again, and again, and again.  what's the big deal? i have always loved the fact that the 109s can pounce from above with almost idling throttles, because it makes the gun pass so much more controllable.  and the fact that it regains its alt so easily allows for it.

------------------
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 1999, 01:12:00 PM »
Well, just checked the numbers again and there's seems to be very little changes;

La-5   1.47
190    1.30
George 1.29
P-51D  1.14
Spit   1.04
109    0.79
F4U    0.78
C205   0.77

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 1999, 12:33:00 AM »
F4U that low ? Interesting.

Still, not long enough with us. Also, I notice improvement in F4U pilot quality every day.

190 really has to be careful when F4U is around.

TT

Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 1999, 02:50:00 AM »
Ya, he is right. you guys should give up ur dweebstangs for the f4u. I ll be a good target in my 190.

-kier-

Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 1999, 07:39:00 AM »
It isn't any one P51 that I fear.

Or La5.

Or 190.

Or any of the aircraft.

It's getting caught out of position by a cloud of any type of aircraft.

Face it, all of you guys are good enough to avoid almost any single enemy (except in the most extreme circumstances). I propose that the plane set is far more balanced than many think, and the problem is more of getting mobbed. Every aircraft (save the C205) has something it does very well. 1 vs. 1 on dissimilar aircraft should therefore offer at least an opportunity to escape, if not kill, any opponent.

As difficult as it may be we need to wipe all comparison to Brand W away and try to sort all the aircraft out anew. We need to wait for flight model refinements in the next few revisions (I suspect the 109 will be restored this week  ). It'll be ok in the end.  

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Fighters' K/D in Beta 2
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 1999, 08:05:00 AM »
..clouds, oh yes, CLOUDS !
Yesterday was great fights over F21 when clouds arrived there, COOL !

I wish more clouds or a cloud layer, it was just sooo fun