Author Topic: La-5FN camo.  (Read 214 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
La-5FN camo.
« on: September 18, 1999, 12:31:00 PM »
Feels great to see Lavochkins in AH!

Only one thought: is it in historical colours? Maybe AH team needs a set of scanned pictured of La-5s from different historical regiments? As for me - I'd like to fly a Kozhedub's and Yevstigneyev's machine, a present from peasant Konyev, #56, the one that had the greatest number of kills in the whole VVS...

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

-towd_

La-5FN camo.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 1999, 12:56:00 PM »
a present from peasant Konyev what does this mean i am ignorant to most of soviet history (they spent a whole lot longer tellin us how yall were gonna overrun us in school here in tex, and we better practice oru shootin)sounds like ther is a good story do you have a book title ore url for reference>? id love to read  about it.

oh and yea i vote with him but still wish you could at least choose a paintjob (would it be hard to have some as aditional files to downlad (you get the default unless you download the extra ones )with historical variations/squad markings? i would love to see the polka dots paint on the 25s mentioned another post here or the pink spits ( he said he had picks and reference to prove it ) it would aid in recognition of individuals.and the iaf wold move here to a man (mac excluded hehe) if you gave um 101st markings.

dont know it sounded good lots o people love the history angle to these games or at least i do

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
La-5FN camo.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 1999, 01:47:00 PM »
Towd, if there will be an option for downloadable skins - I will love it. But I still think that the default paint must be a historical one.

"Present from peasant Konev": many people and organisations in the USSR during the war donated money and bought guns, tanks, planes, etc and sent them to the front. Many Soviet aces flew the machines with personal markings like "Small Theatre to the Front" or "Komsomol Members of Novosibirsk". Usualy such planes were specialy tuned and given to the very best pilots and regiments. Konyev's La-5FN was given to I. N. Kozhedub because he asked that "his" plane was given to one of the best fighters. After Kozhedub was taken to 176th GvIAP, the "Marshall's regiment" or the "Regiment of the Heros of the Soviet Union" - his plane was given to Kirill Yevstigeyev, who then became the best La-5 ace with 56 personal kills, 35 of them in Konyev's plane.

BTW, they didn't teach us much American history, and taught us to handle Kalashnikovs at school   I still think that training was useful (definetly NOT against Americans), but tried to fill the lacks in my education by reading :^)

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
La-5FN camo.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 1999, 01:59:00 PM »
Nice to see a little freindly U.S. Russian relationship going on.

As an American I feel I must warn Boroda to stay out of Texas. (It was its own country once, and is 1/3rd the size of Alaska)

, Quack, Run-Away, Run-Away...

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
La-5FN camo.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 1999, 03:40:00 PM »
boroda, the La5-FN is in historical colors. this was the La5-FN 'White 14' flown by I N Kozhedub, 240.IAP,302 IAD,5 VA, Leningrad Front, April-June 1944.

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
La-5FN camo.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 1999, 03:22:00 AM »

Boroda,

Natedog is right. Take a look at "Soviet Aces of WWII", by Osprey, page 21.

Regards,
gatt
4th Stormo Caccia
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
La-5FN camo.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 1999, 07:02:00 AM »
Boroda,

I've seen the plane NATEDOG & gatt have talked about in the Osprey book.  It is a La-5FN and it says it was donated from Konyev too.  The paint job is an even grey.  However, in the squadron/signal book #169 'La 5/7 Fighters' there is a cover painting and photo of a La-5F flown by Kozhedub and donated from Konyev too.  The donation logo on the fuselage is different from the La-5FN in Osprey's book, saying 'Ot Kolhoznika Koneva.  This color scheme is almost the same as the Osprey La-5FN, but there is a very subtle camouflage with two very similar tones of grey.
ingame: Raz

-towd_

La-5FN camo.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 1999, 09:48:00 AM »
excelent, thanks for the reply so soon boroda i have no idea that such things were done in the soviet union.

(texas was forced to stay in union contrary to the 30 year old agreement ( in 1860) where texas gave up its nation status but reserved the right to succede from the union at any time. well it has been 150 years.so add us to the long list of american propertys gotten by the u.s.a. theory

(devine right to have whatever we want, dosent matter what we said)

although the puerto ricans ar givin it to um good ( they dont want to be a state)  

i love soviet history yall fight like cornered coons in war (at least when its you own land) and i recently read a book that said 7 out of 10 german soldiers were on the eastern front in ww2 is this true? if so you beat um, we just fought a holding action ( we did keep the japanese mostly off you back side )

the history we learned did not mention this at all.

p.s. the skins idea wasent for each player to come up with a individual scheme but to have a few famous skins that were visualy distinctive for each plane ( 5 or 10 would do) because both front ends have to have the same skin and personal ones would be to many dounloads)

just throwin um out lots o time on my hands (warbirds is not much fun am to excited to play ah soon hehe).

p.s.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
La-5FN camo.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 1999, 10:55:00 AM »
Thanks, Natdog! It's an answer I hoped for!

Sorry, but I can't remember _all_ hisorical camos  

Someone "borrowed" my copy of "Soviet Aces" by N. Bodrikhin, so I can't tell the exact numbers of all Kozhedub's planes. I only can say that his first La-5, the 5-tank version was heavily damaged by friendly AAA in his first sortie. He merely survived. You see, first sorties of Kozhedub and Hartmann were extremely unsuccessful... Their careers look almost the same: both were flight instructors in the first part of war, etc...

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
La-5FN camo.
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 1999, 06:31:00 PM »
Saw a pic of the Grey on Grey Camo Scheme today.

Seeing as Grey is my favoite color, I thought the Lt. Grey on Dk. Grey looks cooler.

So, HT scrap the La5 you got and redo it.

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG