Author Topic: Brady, not to whine, dude.....  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Malleus

• Zinc Member
Brady, not to whine, dude.....
« on: September 20, 2003, 06:48:25 PM »
Okay, yeah, I'm whining....... :D

But can you enable some U.S. planes with some compatible firepower to the N1Ks in the CT?

I am QUITE good in the P-47, but when you have a solid WAVE of N1Ks around you, it is damn hard to do anything.

The best K/D ratio sortie I had this evening was a 3 killer, and they were ALL D3As. And I THINK I winged a Zero once....

But there are freaking N1Ks all over.

Wasn't there only one squadron in the Okinowa region during this fight? :confused:

Any chance of giving us SOMETHING with cannons? :p

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 07:24:03 PM »
Yeah like the -C, cannon for cannon trade off. Seems only fair.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 07:55:21 PM »
Whining is cool, we all do it and sometimes it helps to make for a better set up, so feal free:)

"But can you enable some U.S. planes with some compatible firepower to the N1Ks in the CT? "

In terms of Just gun capabality's  (not ordance carying capabality) the US planes are at in many ways an advantage over the Japanese planes. The 50 Cal out ranges all the japanese guns by a signastudmuffinant margine, it has for example 2 to 3 times the effective range of the Type 99 MK II cannons on the George. Most all the US planes cary a very large ammo load compared to the Japanese planes. All the US planes are very hard target's, while the Japanese ones are comparatively easy to kill with a good burst of 50 Call. So while the George has a slight advantage in True Hitting power per shell, this is not such a huge advantage for the above reasion's. Hsipanos are far more effective  than the Cannons on the George, both in Hitting  power effective range and in over all efectivenss aganst all types of targets, Ground, GV, ect, so coupled with the Huge ordance delevery advantage the US always has the C Hog would be over kill and is not neaded since the US realy has the Firpower (gun wise) advantage in this set up over all.

Their were Several George Units that particapated in the Okinawa Campagine, I can think of Three off hand ( but I am to lazy to pull out a book and look it up:) ), their were also several Ki 84, Ki 100 and Late model Ki 61 units at Okinawa as well, Obviously we dont have these planes in AH so we most make do with the George standing in for all of those (in most case's) better preforming planes. Not to hope on my soap box hear but The Japanese are also screwed in terms of their Atack planes The Kate and the Val were not being used in the front lines at this time of the war and since AH does not have the Jill,Juddy,Grace, Randy or Francis were forced to use 1930's planes in their stead, so again the Allies have it much better in this set than they would if we had those planes in AH, All of Which saw service over Okinawa (except maybe the Grace....).

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 08:27:58 PM »
Hola Brady

I understand what your saying about firepower, but Vought F4U-1C and F4U-4 was in action in Okinawa 1945 and I was wonder if you enable them, turn into them as a perk plane(i have too much perk point lol).

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 08:32:38 PM »
Why? Don't bother.

Brady just allowing a variant of the Hog ... much less two ... is practically a sign of the second coming. Don't push our luck. If he added a C-Hog ... the giant meteor will hit. :eek: :p

And asking for the fleets to have identical compositions so the F4U taskforces (the only place to up a Hog) won't stick out like a sore thumb (and maybe be just a tad bit tougher for the endless waves of suiciding Peggies to sink) is definately a no-no. ;)

And asking for the fleet spawnpoints to be moved up from Antartica to maybe a sector west of a19 .. well hell .. that's ludicrous. :rolleyes:

So I say, just fight the fight and be grateful that the keys to the sandbox are in good hands. :D:rofl  

Hehe .... I've already got the popcorn ready. :D

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 08:50:34 PM »
THe F4U-1C was in action at Okianwa your right, but the problem hear is that it would cause a serious playbalance problem, so it has been left out as a result, Like I mentioned before their are several Better preforming Japanese planes we dont have in AH that were their and the Only US plane I have taken out that was their during the Battle in reasionable numbers was the C Hog, so realy the Allies have it prety good.

The 4-Hog, was in the Battle at the very end, and got very few Kill's (9 I think), so it realy played a very small part in the whole afair and it was Land based not CV based when operating at Okinawa. It was decided that sice the P47 and F4U's all had a substantial spead advantage over the Japanese planes that addding it would cause an unnessarly High performance advantage to the Allies, one exasperated agin by the absence in AH of the Better reforming Japanes planes that were hear.

Perking these is not imo a reasionable way of limiting them, like you mention many have lot's of perks and the implimantion of perk planes and seting their values is dificult to do and we dont (the CT Staff) have the tools to do it.

Arlo has a point as well, the Hog's are limited in the since that they are confined to Certain fleat's, that is intenioal, I dont think though that their are any special efforts on the Empire side to atack these single fleats, they are simply easer to sink....

I was woried at first that the fleats might be placed to far south but they seam to be ever present in this set up so I am not to concerned, they also rarely all go down at once so this is not a big problem, since if they do I scoot them up a bit closer when they spawn so the action stays good.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 09:09:43 PM »
Then either the CV fleets all need to have the same composition as TF01 or the spawnpoints need to be bumped to the sector east of a19. Why ruin the fun of the -1 or -1d pilots to supposedly make the map "fun for all?" Seriously Brady .... that's pretty one-sided thinking. Are you still convinced that the F4Us in this setup overpower everything? Even when it's been proven that other Allied planes fair better (the P-47 and the F6F)?

If you were a dedicated A6M5 pilot and the setup had them on one CV  that was easy to sink and spawned in Antartica, would you be enjoying this map? :D

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 09:40:33 PM »
Placing the F4U's on the easly sunk CV's was intended to cause you as much personal anxst and frustration as posable, the fact that it was also a good playbalance deschion was an added bonus.:)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2003, 12:24:09 AM »
If it was actually a good play balance "deschion" instead of a handsomehunk one .. I wouldn't mind. ;)

And heeeere's the EASY fix. Enable F4U-1ds from A19. You're welcome. :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 12:30:29 AM by Arlo »

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2003, 04:03:05 AM »
Why? Even if the cv is sunk the fleet spawn area is closer to okinaw then 19.

The whole battle area is small and the only effect it has is when the "admiral" sails the fleet in close. Ki67s like to do the suicide raids but a good 5 inch gunner can dispatch them.

Keep the fleets at a safe distance and you wont have to worry about losing your favorite ride.

Offline Malleus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2003, 06:15:28 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, Brady and Batz, I can deal with that.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2003, 09:40:30 AM »
Originally posted by Batz
Why? Even if the cv is sunk the fleet spawn area is closer to okinaw then 19.

No ... 19 is closer to the fight than the fleet spawn area in Antarctica (the fight extends from the western shore all the way to 19). But since you've chosen to make this one of the apparent points of argument:

1: IF there's no difference ... why not move the spawnpoint east of 19 .... just for appeasement's sake?

2: Wouldn't having the fleet spawns closer to 19 help ensure that the game is balanced somewhat? After all, the first move made by the IJ players once the fleets are sunk (often before) is to commit themselves to an all out assault of the 2 Allied land bases on the islands west (which, for play balance sake, should really be all three bases on all three islands, but I'm not even petitioning for such - hell, look at how my suggesting F4U-1ds on 19 was received). And if the fleets spawn near (but on the other side) of the Allies rearmost toehold then it would help ensure that there's still some sort of fight going on and not set things up for an Axis reset ... like it is now.

3: It's obvious that having the F4U allied CV fleets easier to sink is Brady's (and your) version of "game play balance" (take the F4Us out of the equation easier and more often) .... and that being the case, that you would want the fleets to spawn in south bum-fugopia. So I'm not all that surprised that Brady balks at the idea of either the spawnpoints being relocated or the F4U getting a land base. Asking for either of those reasonable concessions is an act of futility, I know ... but I had to go through the motions just so you couldn't plead ignorance to those options later down the line when someone else runs the setup, tries it .. and finds out it works better. ;)

The whole battle area is small and the only effect it has is when the "admiral" sails the fleet in close. Ki67s like to do the suicide raids but a good 5 inch gunner can dispatch them.

If you'd bothered to read anything else I've posted, you'd already realize that I've mentioned my own desire for players to stop running ships to shore as if it was an up-the-middle 5-yard dive-for-the-goal-line play. But your suggestion that a player (or players) spend all their time in a 5-incher defending allied fleets from non-stop waves of Peggies going after the "easy fleets" jibes really well with the ideology of "making the CT arena better balanced arena and more fun for all." Obviously you weren't there last night when the Axis pilots started complaining that the Allied players were spending too much time in gun positions and not enough in the air. ;)

Keep the fleets at a safe distance and you wont have to worry about losing your favorite ride.

Make the setup and design NOT aimed at making sure that the F4U is included in the planeset in a token status only and that it can be easily removed from play by dedicated IJ carrier taskforce assaults ... and I won't have to worry about losing my favorite ride. :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 10:50:47 AM by Arlo »

Offline MajorDay

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2003, 01:58:41 PM »
Brady, Just enable F4U1C cuz they are marines planes and they take off from the base.  !

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2003, 02:17:36 PM »
I believe brady set cv hardness at 4k instead of 8k, thats all cvs not just the f4u fleets. Thats purposely done to stop fleet parking and is in line with other setups. Its not f4u exclusive no matter what you may think.

The fleet spawn area is 2 and 1/2 sectors south of 13 and 19 is just over 2 sectors from 11 and 10. So either way whats the big deal?

You need to talk to kanttori about changing the fleet spawns. Thats done by the map maker. Brady cant "balk" at that because its not within his control. The onething players can do to see to it that the fleets stay a float is cap them and not bring them in close. This isnt pointed at you but in general. But even so it solves just about everyone of your complaints.

Spend some time convincing your fellow admirals and you may actually get some where. Brady has been consistant in his replies.

As for the rest of your whine its just the same 'ole brady hates me and navy planes.... So what...........

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2003, 02:27:07 PM »
Prety much your favorate ride is always Available Arlo, the thing is that while the singel CV fleats are easer to make respawn, they are only down for around 10 min untill they do respawn, now their are two fleats that suport the F4U's, so at any one time one is bound to be close to the action, certainly withen 5 min flying time.