Author Topic: Plane variants coming!  (Read 568 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 1999, 12:18:00 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of some of the earlier variants so we could get a few better turners in the game and increase the variety.  I'm talking about stuff like the Spit V, C.202, Fw 190A-5, and the Bf 109F-4.  A Fw 190F-8 would also be good for ground work.  We'll have to wait a bit for most of the late war stuff as that could get a bit unbalancing at this stage of the game.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 1999, 01:29:00 PM »

Oh MY!
the C.202 "Folgore" and the Bf109F-4. IMHO the best fighters to kick RAF butts !!!  
I think we'll see great cooperation between LW andd Regia Aeronautica in the Med theatre ...  

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

sparviero

Plane variants coming!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 1999, 01:40:00 PM »
MC 202 and Malta + North Africa map!
YES!!!!
Pyro, maybe, I say maybe because the exchange ratio between Euro and US$ is worsening, you'll get my 29,95$ (given I find a better performing 3D card wich allows me to trespass the 5 FPS online...:-)

ciao

Offline Hollywood

• Zinc Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 1999, 03:14:00 PM »
Once we get a rolling plane set or maybe even before I'd really love to get into some 109 Emil vs Spit I fights.  Those are great fun.  And don't forget the Spit I's engine cutout during negative Gs  .  

------------------
It's a good day for flying!

General Chuck Yeager

jimmiet

Plane variants coming!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 1999, 01:27:00 AM »
i think we need only 1 external view(to help fighters bomb)n that view is done by pressing the zero button on number pad the bombbers have a sight maybe we should have 1 to but right now when i fly a fighter ..ie p51  n it has bombs i cant see the field when bombing it so hard to hit target this is just my opinion n maybe htc could set it up so this view is only avabile when bombing in a fighter??????

HaHa

Plane variants coming!
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 1999, 01:53:00 AM »
In wwII fighters did not have a bomb sight. Basically the way to bomb with a fighter is:

1) put out flaps
2) roll over and aim down towards your target (angle 60 deg or more)
3) release bomb once you reach around 1k (depending on speed)

You can also try level bombing at low alt. but thats trickier to do.

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 1999, 06:39:00 AM »
COOL !!!

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 1999, 03:08:00 PM »

I was thinking more along the lines of some of the earlier variants so we could get a few better turners in the game and increase the variety. I'm talking about stuff like the Spit V, C.202, Fw 190A-5, and the Bf 109F-4. A Fw 190F-8 would also be good for ground work. We'll have to wait a bit for most of the late war stuff as that could get a bit unbalancing at this stage of the game.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

But, are early war planes really the answer to the main unbalancing plane in AH ?

Sure, bring them in, but please recheck Pony’s low speed/high AoA handling and acceleration/climbrate.

Right now LW’s answer to it are compressible (and currently underpowered) target, along with armored buff killer (whose armor doesn’t stop .50 cals too much).

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 1999, 11:58:00 PM »
When I suggested the Spit Mk XIV I did so for two reasons:

A)  It is my preffered mount (easily guessed)

B)  It entered service withing a couple of months of the P-51D.  The first Mk. XIV flew in November or December of 1943.

I think that it would be good to have other aircraft from the time period of the P-51D.  We now have the F4U Corsair, but other nations introduced new aircraft or significantly improved versions of existing lines.  We should have Fw190D-9s, Spitfire Mk XIVs and Bf109Ks.  The reason the P-51D is accused of being so overmodeled is because we're all fighting it in 1942 technology when it is 1944 technology.

Its all and good to give us 109Fs and Spitfire Mk Vs, but why do only the Americans get late war aircraft?

Sisu
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 1999, 12:45:00 AM »
Karnak, but our P 51 fight 1942 style. Or 1917 style, to be more exact  

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 1999, 01:43:00 AM »

Hehe, Karnak
marketing is always marketing. Do you wanna americans play only with P40, F4F and early P38?.
Online sims need the Pony ASAP and often a very good Pony.
I dont think that the XIV is a right choice, I dont like late war gangbanging, moreover the IX is excellent and came in many variants, from 1942 to mid '44. I hope we'll come back to 1941-42 ASAP.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 1999, 02:34:00 AM »

I was thinking more along the lines of some of the earlier variants so we could get a few better turners in the game and increase the variety. I'm talking about stuff like the Spit V, C.202, Fw 190A-5, and the Bf 109F-4. A Fw 190F-8 would also be good for ground work. We'll have to wait a bit for most of the late war stuff as that could get a bit unbalancing at this stage of the game.

Heck, if we get F-8 and A-5, we have a good and representive set of Fw 190's in game, only D is needed. Looks pretty promising to me  

If I recall right, between A-5 and A-7 series many Fw 190's were built specially for dogfighting with allied fighters by remowing outer wingboard cannons and other not so crucial stuff (some radio equipment or armour maybe) for lightening up the plane. I don't have the production numbers or excact details here with me but I can do some digging after I get home.

------------------
jochen
Geschwaderkommodore
Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen' (Warbirds)

If you ever get across the sea to England,
Then maybe at the closing of the day
The bars will all be serving German lager
Which means we won the war - hip hip hooray!

jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Plane variants coming!
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 1999, 02:48:00 AM »
Jochen, please post that info. A-8 is burdened with bomber killer role. Even with outer cannons removed it feels too heavy.

Early 190 series were pure fighters, not bomber killers, AFAIK. But they were 1942/43 designs.

Too bad 190A-8's main task in 1944 was to shoot down bombers. Imagine A-4 or A-5 airframe with MW 50 od A-8 !!

But the D model, on the other hand....