Author Topic: 'Do not call' Participants Screwed  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
'Do not call' Participants Screwed
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2003, 02:07:05 AM »
Any of you guys watch "Crank Yankers?"  You can learn a lot from that show.  I like the guy that burps while he's talking.  Of course, there are several other techniques.  Another good one is the 85 year old guy Elmer.  

Example:

Ring......ring.....

"Hello, I'd like to speak with Elmer."

"This is Elmer speaking.  Are you bringing my pizza over that I ordered 2 hours ago?"

"No sir, this is Lucy and I'm calling for MCI telecommunications, and would like to offer you our new long distance telephone service."

"You're with the telephone company honey?  I remember when we first had a telephone...back in '25.  I was 8 years old and had to stand on a chair to reach the phone.  Now all I have to do is walk over and pick it up.  What's your number sweetheart?  I'll come over there and you can stand on a chair for me.  I'll show you how I did it back in the old days."

"(Hehe) Not exactly sir, we are a long distance company."

"I'm 85 years old and don't travel much any more.  Maybe you could come over here, and I'll get my chair out....and show you how I used to do it back in the '20s.....  Heh, I have a telephone sweety.  You should have seen me back then."

"Yes sir, but..."

"Give me your number, and I'll sign up for your service.  Then we can talk when we feel like it.  I'll call you, and ask how your day went, and you can come over and I'll order pizza for us...you and my wife, and me."

Les:D

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2003, 12:04:58 PM »
"Next y dont weban all advertising.,. "

Well I *DO* prefer PBS over regular broadcasting. And I'l be quite honest in that I will channel surf when the ads come on a program I'm viewing :)

"carry on with the screwing of americians"

Huh? Telemarketers hawking credit cards and insurance policies, making minimum wage and barely able to speak English let alone read the cue cards in front of them over the phone when intruding on people at home is some sort of critical"industry" in the US?  

Trell, did you lobby this hard for the textile, steel, auto or electronic/computer industry jobs as they disappeared? Do you now lobby to get back the lost US jobs in IT, the software industry or chip making that got outsourced to India, Malaysia and other countries offshore?

"YOU WILL JUST GET THE CALLS FROM SOME INDIAN INSTED OF AN AMERICIAN. If I have a tellamarketer calling me I wannt it to be an AMERICIAN ONE "

Not if I have my CHOICE to NOT to get thier INTRUSIVE and HARASSING phone calls.  But the best part is this is (was) a voluntary program and no one was forced to sign up for it. Therefore poeple such as yourself, who feel telemarking is crucial to the US economy and a critical "product," can feel free to support it!  I only wish there was some way or means that I could forward any of thier calls to me at my home directly to you and yours.

Can you tell I'm not fond of thier intrusive, harrassing calls and that also do not respect their choice of an occupation in the least?

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2003, 01:54:20 PM »
US really needs to adjust the laws concerning direct advertising to the level of todays stantards.

Telemarketing and internet spamming is the worst ones in US.
It took long enough to ban fax advertising... only after it began eating up loads of paper and ink, the problem was realised.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2003, 02:01:32 PM »
Originally posted by Westy

Well I *DO* prefer PBS over regular broadcasting. And I'l be quite honest in that I will channel surf when the ads come on a program I'm viewing :)

I channel surf on ads as well :)

"carry on with the screwing of americians"

Huh? Telemarketers hawking credit cards and insurance policies, making minimum wage and barely able to speak English let alone read the cue cards in front of them over the phone when intruding on people at home is some sort of critical"industry" in the US?  

you do know that alot of those telemarketers are allready over seas?
it is not that it is critical  but it is still jobs tens of thousands of them.  it is not the people that have college digrees making 80+ a year that are being hurt.
It is the working poor,  the low midle class that are working these jobs.   that is who will be hurt by this. these call centers pay like 7-10 an hour.
Btw the insurance people still get to call I beleve.  And if it is your creditcard complany calling this wont stop them eather.

Trell, did you lobby this hard for the textile, steel, auto or electronic/computer industry jobs as they disappeared? Do you now lobby to get back the lost US jobs in IT, the software industry or chip making that got outsourced to India, Malaysia and other countries offshore?

for the IT and steel I did.
the chip making was a little before  my time i think.  btw i still think nafta was very bad for this country.
living in michigan you can see all the harm to the auto indistry
and I am still in favor in high tarifs for imports.  I believe they should expand it to people as well.  now that soo much can be done over the internet.   other words using a forien work force becasue it is cheaper than using an americin one should be taxed heavly.

"YOU WILL JUST GET THE CALLS FROM SOME INDIAN INSTED OF AN AMERICIAN. If I have a tellamarketer calling me I wannt it to be an AMERICIAN ONE "

Not if I have my CHOICE to NOT to get thier INTRUSIVE and HARASSING phone calls.  But the best part is this is (was) a voluntary program and no one was forced to sign up for it. Therefore poeple such as yourself, who feel telemarking is crucial to the US economy and a critical "product," can feel free to support it!  I only wish there was some way or means that I could forward any of thier calls to me at my home directly to you and yours.

now that is not nice is it?
I dont wish harm on you for disagreeing with me.

Can you tell I'm not fond of thier intrusive, harrassing calls and that also do not respect their choice of an occupation in the least?

I dont repect alot of occupations eather.  but I dont wish them to lose there jobs just becasue I dont like them.

there are already ways to stop tellemarketers.
call wave, privicy director are 2 good ones.

I do not like the way the law is written on this.

they still alow the insurence compants to call.
still they alow airlines to call
still alow phone companys to call.
At election times it wont stop the constant calling tell you to vote for  person xxxxxx
and charities still get to call.

90% of the calls I get fall into these  types of calls above.
and y do they get to call?
becasue they throw enough money at the people making the laws.

now tell me if I am wrong but it seems to be that one of the groups of people that will be hurt by this are small companys.
they have to set up automatic dialers and call lists (and get billed for this) just to call local people to advertise.

btw yes i know my spelling sucks lol
:D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 02:07:21 PM by Trell »

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2003, 03:52:23 PM »
Do you people really feel the DMA (direct marketing assoc) has the clout to influence the govt..  I dont but i know who does...   The Baby Bells..  Its in their best interest to charge you for your phone, sell your information to whomever (read your fine print..) then play good guy selling you a service which stops telemarketing.  On top of that they get all the usage of the telemarketer..  Very lucrative indeed..

Open your eyes..

Thats why the FCC got muscled...

Skuzzy solution is the best but is starting to be less effective as time goes on...

Newer predictive dialers can thwart that countermeasure, and old systems that dont use predictive (the illegal ones that only a machine talks to you) get by the .wav countermeasure...

best solutions ive found are as follows..

http://www.junkbusters.com/

http://www.shout.net/~bc/telemarketing/index.htm
(this guy is good)(busted link now? suggest google cached page they still have it. guy most likely got too much traffic)

Heres the new link...  for the above:

http://www.fighttelemarketing.com/

http://www.junkfax.org/

http://cexx.org/

This is just the tip of the iceberg...

Do a google on "TCPA"  "Telemarketer" "scumbag"  (joking)

youll get a bunch of hits...

2 cents

DoctorYO

l
« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 07:32:09 AM by DoctorYO »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2003, 04:04:24 PM »
Originally posted by Fishu
US really needs to adjust the laws concerning direct advertising to the level of todays stantards.

Telemarketing and internet spamming is the worst ones in US.
It took long enough to ban fax advertising... only after it began eating up loads of paper and ink, the problem was realised.

I can't let this one slip through.  MOST Spamming comes from Asia, or is routed through Asian ISP's (Taiwan, China, Korea make up the bulk of generated Internet spam).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline pugsly

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2003, 04:16:29 PM »
Them sneaky little devils:D

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2003, 04:22:29 PM »
when telemarketers call, if you have the time, try to keep them on the line as long as possable. they make their money playing the percentages (x sales for every y calls), most people will hang up right away if they aren't buying, so marketers can get 4 or 5 calls every minute.
 ummm not allways counts the company you work for,,,one of my freinds worked for a calling service,,,and she got paid more for conversation time then selling stuff,,,,she told me,,she sold like 30 aol deals in one day,,but sence her conversation time was only a few minutes she didnt make as much money as her coworkers,,because they kept them on the phone longer,,,conversation time is one of the telemarketers highest payers,,lol

i think this is wrong,,i cant beleve people who dont want these calls are bugged by them,,my self included,,i have a private phone line for my room and computer,,and i still get calls on that thing,,lol,,think ill try the skuzzy idea:)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2003, 04:34:49 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I can't let this one slip through.  MOST Spamming comes from Asia, or is routed through Asian ISP's (Taiwan, China, Korea make up the bulk of generated Internet spam).

Most spam which has gotten to my mailbox, have been mostly advertised something sold by US company..

I don't care whether it's routed through asia or not, only the origin matters.

Do you know about the US fax laws concerning advertising?
The advertising US company can get fined even if they send the fax from abroad.

Offline pugsly

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2003, 04:42:44 PM »
The funny part is congress just told this Arse clown okie judge to F %$^&^ off LOL.
It is going true LOL Eat watermelon tele terroist!!!!!!!!!