Author Topic: My letter from the local council – ROFL!!!  (Read 252 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
My letter from the local council – ROFL!!!
« on: October 04, 2003, 03:19:48 PM »
I moved house just over a week ago – larger property, much more space.

But just this morning, imagine how I felt when I got a letter from the council which had a one line message:  ”Attached for your information is a copy of a recently served demolition notice.”   Doh! My immediate thought was that my solicitor had done a crap job on the property searches... but then I turned the page, and saw that it refers to an old building behind mine. I already knew about that.

Phew!

:lol

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 03:22:42 PM »
Keep your eyes open, I've read two or three stories in the past few months about the wrong buildings being demolished.  Is the building you see clearly labelled?  The last one I read about they demolished a house or garage that was near a poorly labelled building slated for demolition.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 08:50:11 PM »
Beetle, when you hear the bulldozers, just go outside and lie down in the mud between them and your house.  Besides, the Vogons will be by shortly to demolish the earth to make way for a new intergalactic space highway...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 08:15:37 AM »
lol jonnyb
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.