Author Topic: Lessons from the DC Killers  (Read 1917 times)

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Lessons from the DC Killers
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2003, 03:27:23 AM »
Read some of the back post.
US ARMY sniper school in ar FT Benning GA on Harmony Church Rd.
My time there was in 1977

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2003, 03:35:06 AM »
My apologies mrblack.

Google: Address US sniper school Fort Benning

First link.

http://www.specialoperations.com/Schools/Army_Sniper/Default.htm

"REPORTING INFORMATION

STUDENTS WILL REPORT TO THE U.S. ARMY SNIPER SCHOOL HEADQUARTERS, BUILDING 4882, HARMONY CHURCH NO LATER THAN 0800 HOURS ON THE REPORTING DAY (DAY PRIOR TO THE CLASS START DATE)."

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2003, 08:15:14 AM »
Thrawn:

How do we know you're really Canadien?  Do You have proof?

;)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2003, 09:13:46 AM »
Nothing that Thrawn says has its validity based on Thrawn being a canadian.

On the other hand the idiotic illiterate childish rants of mrblack are supposed to have more validity because of his sniper background.

He is just not believable. You may accuse me of not wanting to believe him - which is true. I dread to imagine that our snipers could really be that stupid, illiterate, unobservant and impatient - in short exibiting all attributes of spoiled unparented 13-year old brat.

Unlike Thrawn I do not care about the details of his supposed sniper's career. Although, while researching/shopping for my weaponry I've found so many great resources on the Web that I could make much better showing as a US sniper. http://www.snipercountry.com for example.

I find it hard to believe that anyone born before 1977 could write the way he does or alternatively that anyone who writes liek that as an adult would be entrusted with any responcible job, let alone sniper training.

miko

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2003, 09:45:17 AM »
Originally posted by miko2d

On the other hand the idiotic illiterate childish rants of mrblack are supposed to have more validity because of his sniper background.

He is just not believable. You may accuse me of not wanting to believe him - which is true. I dread to imagine that our snipers could really be that stupid, illiterate, unobservant and impatient - in short exibiting all attributes of spoiled unparented 13-year old brat.

Unlike Thrawn I do not care about the details of his supposed sniper's career. Although, while researching/shopping for my weaponry I've found so many great resources on the Web that I could make much better showing as a US sniper. http://www.snipercountry.com for example.

I find it hard to believe that anyone born before 1977 could write the way he does or alternatively that anyone who writes liek that as an adult would be entrusted with any responcible job, let alone sniper training.

miko

Like what Miko, bad spelling?

I've been a registered member of sniper country for a few years now, only because they give great info on long range comp. shooting, not so much on sniping.  Does that make me a wanabe, or someone who wants to become very good at what he likes to do?
Your the moron Miko, open up your foggy little mind and see the light, you don't know everything and you aren't the one selected to judge every word every one else says...

Grow up

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2003, 10:47:04 AM »
medicboy: Like what Miko, bad spelling?

:) If atrocious spelling is the only problem you see in mrblack's posts, there is not much I can say to affect your opinion.

As for my "judging", do not worry - my armed goons will not break into you bedroom to drag you to jail for the nonsense you post.
 I am just expressing an opinion which you can ignore. It may be mistaken but blindly believing any illiterate ranter is not a sign of open-mindedness either.

miko

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2003, 03:41:57 PM »
Miko I can only say dont be angry at me for doing something in my youth.
As for my spelling I can assure you It has not effected my abillity to earn a nice living.
As a matter of fact the wife and I are building a rather nice 4.400
Sq Ft home as we speak.
Not to bad for a guy who cant put a sentence togther huh?
LOL The reasone I responded to this thread in the first place was to help draw the line between REAL snipers and those clowns that killed all those people in VA.
My fault for getting drug into this i quess.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2003, 05:41:38 PM »
I also build custom rifles.
here is one I built.
Savage 223 with Mcmillian a-5 stock

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2003, 01:06:39 AM »
Originally posted by miko2d

Better check your spelling there Mr wizard
:D

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2003, 01:15:04 AM »
Oh and I guess you are an expert cuase you have read stuff at
sniper country LOL.
Ok maybe next war we have the SOG  come to you for advice
:rofl
You have done nothing but attack me :confused:
And the only weapon you have is my spelling or lack there of.
True enough I only finnished high school But I am doing just fine thank you:lol
I have a wife A 320.000.00 dollar house 3 cars and all the money I can blow.
Yeppers not to bad for a fella how cant spell:)
Look inward before you find imperfections in others my friend.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2003, 02:26:03 AM »
Originally posted by mrblack

Yeppers not to bad for a fella how cant spell:)

1)Was this the same school Jetho Bodine graduated from?

2)How many Banks/Brink's Trucks did you have to rob?

3)Are you related to Yeager?

4)Do you actually think we belive this BS?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2003, 02:33:42 AM »
5) Who cares...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2003, 03:25:18 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
You were in the navy?  Aww isn't that cute.  Did your husband serve too?

hehe

J/K dude...I just love that line...it's normally reserved for Coast Guard guys...but the navy works well in this thread.  ;)

Well... 15 years ago wasn't really true, but today... yeah... there are many women at sea.
sand

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2003, 08:18:57 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
5) Who cares...

Appparently Miko, Thrawn and rpm.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2003, 08:54:50 AM »
mrblack: Oh and I guess you are an expert cuase you have read stuff at sniper country LOL.
Ok maybe next war we have the SOG  come to you for advice
:rofl

No. I never ever said I was a sniper or an expert on sniper art. I just said that anyone with an access to internet can pose as a sniper better than you do - even if you are a real sniper.

You have done nothing but attack me :confused:

Sorry. I am loosing patience with... Ah, heck, what's the point.

And the only weapon you have is my spelling or lack there of.

Spelling. Syntax. Semantics. Vocabulary. Not fitting a psychological profile of a supposed sniper - like being unobservant and impatient and overly extroverted. Claiming that I pretended to be a sniping expert. Spouting dumb slogans like "a sniper will never shoot unarmed civilians" instead of actual "a sniper will shoot whoever he is ordered to shoot or whatever is moving if he is really scared." Check the newspapers - snipers shoot unarmed civilians all the time, starting from the Weaver woman to hapless iraqi children on the roofs of their houses.
 Nothing in my personal conversations with american combat veterans contradicts that opinion.

I am happy for you. Really. How about kids?
 You know what - if you really were a sniper and it's just your communication skills are such that they make impression of a teenader wannabe, that's your problem and certainly not a reason to get angry with you. So let's forget the stuff we said above and try to get on with it.
 Please take any disagreable aforementioned words on my part as a critique, not personal offence.

I also build custom rifles.
here is one I built...

OK, that's interesting. Having just bought myself a house in upstate NY I can now keep weapons there that I can not own in NYS (I have a Mini-14). I am shopping for the "only" rifle to start my collection. My choice so far is M1A as the most versatile and reliable - as battle rifle, sniper rifle or a hunting rifle. What can you say/advise about that?

Do I really need the rear lugs like M-25? How big a difference does heavy or medium weight barrel make compare to the regular one? How much velocity does 18" barel lose compared to standard 22"? Do NM models have tighter chamber specks? How does that affect reliablility?
 Whatever you can tell me about that rifle - anything usefull you can think of. Or any other advice on all-around rifle.

Also, what do you think of a Savage Varminter?

miko