Author Topic: AH Bug at death screen anyone else  (Read 137 times)

Hotdog

AH Bug at death screen anyone else
« on: December 07, 1999, 03:05:00 AM »
Hi all im getting a coputer lock up when i die by hitting the ground very hard, my screen goes red and the computer just locks up and needs a reboot, it only happens if the death occurs while hitting the ground very hard and fast. I have had the same promblem on a TNT 2 and my now current V3 card, all were installed with the latest drivers.

------------------
Hotdog
CO RNZAF Warbirds/Aces High

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 1999, 03:41:00 AM »
I think it happens to everyone, it does to me, and exactly as you describe, only when crashing hard.

ts

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 1999, 06:37:00 AM »
Same here hotdog.  Only if I make a crater does it do the redout lockup.  Weird!

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 1999, 10:11:00 AM »
This has occured to me several times.
Not 100% positive but it's occured most times when I've either been flying one type of plane all night and I switch to another type of aircraft. And it may be linked to having saved views while on line.
 Those are two things I can remember being consistant preludes to a red screen lockup.
 I now do f10 views off line, shut down AH and I'll even reboot the pc. I had a bidge of a time customizing the F4U last week.
 I do not recall having this problem the last couple of flights where I did fly several different aircraft each night.

-Westy
and in the new type.

Hotdog

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 1999, 06:50:00 PM »
Well I have done the saved views offline only
I have never changed my views and saved them online, so I dont think its that, it seems to be happing to others so matbe pyro would like to know more info, if he asks what he needs for bug finding ill try my best to supply the info needed Pyro ??.

------------------
Hotdog
CO RNZAF Warbirds/Aces High

shower

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 1999, 10:27:00 PM »
you traded in your TNT2 for a V3? why?

-shower

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 1999, 05:53:00 AM »
Usually I hit the silk before hitting the ground, so last night I hit the ground at a lawn dart angle and the screen when red and locked.....happened twice.  :-(  

Thorns_Musketeer

Hotdog

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 1999, 12:43:00 PM »
you traded in your TNT2 for a V3? why?
-shower

Hi Shower, well I dod both my V2 and TNT 2 to
get a V3, the TNT2 was the vanta model and wasnt as fast as I thought it would be   in
D3D games, also I had no use for the 32 bit mode, to my eyes I could see no diffrence.

Anyway I borrowed a friends V3 card as he was haveing trouble with it and I must say in
all the tests I did in D3D & Glide it was very fast, 2.5 x faster in Glide than my V2
and about 30% faster in D3D than my TNT 2.

So I managed to sell both for NZ $300 and the V3 cost me NZ 350 for the boxed retail
with the games, now I could have got a TNT 2
Ultra but in NZ they start at around $500 mark, so to me the V3 was better value and I
still like playing my Glide based games. It was a very good upgrade for me and my system.

I dont want to start a TNT2 vrs V3 war but the above is my reasons.

MRIDGELL

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 1999, 11:29:00 PM »
some thing happens to me. if the screen is in a blackout or redout mode and you hit the ground or die. its lockup city. aint got nuthen to do with card. i have a box full of vid cards ( call me geek ) and im constanly useing one then the other. tnt2-geforce-voo3 same thing happens reguardless of card .

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 1999, 12:39:00 AM »
I hit the ground and it blacked the screen and the computer froze with the sounds still playing.

BTW this kind of thing probably ought to be posted in the bugs forum instead of the general discussion forum...

------------------
eagl <squealing Pigs> BYA
Oink Oink To War!!!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.