Author Topic: Needs to be said about Bush & Iraq  (Read 3574 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
k2cok
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2003, 11:33:36 AM »
What are you trying to say with your Avatar?

Are you weasel?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Needs to be said about Bush & Iraq
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2003, 12:00:27 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
HOLY ****!

How come we never hear this stuff in the mainstream media, Toad?

Muck, it's there.

The text of the unclassified part of Kay's statement was posted on the CNN website. Can't get much more "mainstream" than that.

CNN.com: Text of David Kay's unclassified statement

Now, why wasn't some of this stuff given emphasis in the "short version" provided by US news outlets?

Well, I've been assured right here on this BBS that the media isn't biased at all, so it can't be THAT.
:rofl

But, I do love to read the posters that are founding members of "Short Attention Span Theater" that rail and rant about this stuff without even a slight attempt to read and understand what the guy actually said. ;)

Hey, if you can't prove WMD in 90 seconds or less, the whole thing was obviously a hoax right?

And what the Fork does KAY know about looking for WMD in Iraq, anyway? We should get somebody truly unbiased and completely experienced in there to wrap up the job in three days. Maybe a stalwart like K2 or something.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2003, 12:00:50 PM »
I don't get it.  Rumsfeld say they know where the WMD were.  And Bush said they actually found them.  If they found WMD, were are they?  :confused:

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Re: k2cok
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2003, 12:01:28 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
What are you trying to say with your Avatar?

Are you weasel?

Nah, that's just to let people know not to take anything he says seriously, since he's only trying to piss them off.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 12:03:21 PM »
:confused:

Me too!

I mean, sure, they knew we were coming for a month or more but it's not like you could load that stuff on a truck and move it or bury it in the desert like some MiG-25 or tote it out to your pals in Syria.

So, yeah, me too... a little bitty barren wasteland like Iraq? No WAY they could hide it where it would take a while to find it.

:confused: :confused:

Kay is obviously incompetent.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2003, 12:03:48 PM »
Martlet
Yeah prolly true.

Offline k2cok

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2003, 12:13:04 PM »
Flying the flag upside down is a standard military distress signal and is not intended to be disrepectful.

It means we need some help here, it has nothing to do with saying anything bad about the flag.

The United States Flag Code supports this.

The code formalizes and unifies the traditional ways in which we give respect to the flag and includes the following:

The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.

No, I'm not a weasel, and I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just pointing out the discrepancy between how the war was sold by Bush vs what Kay has to say about it.

Where did I say anything about 3 days Toad? I also haven't called anyone names other than Bush a liar.

IIRC you said something about six months in your bet with 10Bears, how long do you think we should give Kay to find WMD?

Based on past responses I'll bet the answer is until he finds them.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2003, 12:13:26 PM »
What did GWB intentionally mislead this country about? When did he lie?

I can give you at least 5 examples Muck..

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2003, 12:15:07 PM »
then do it 10bears.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
k2cok
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2003, 12:15:40 PM »
Ok. well thanks for the info, learn something new everyday.

Oh and not A weasel

I was thinking THE weasel.

A guy who got banned from here.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2003, 12:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Notice it requires cartoons to completely convey the moronic point of views of the left...

I suspected sock puppets but I stand corrected  :p

Ain't that the truth. :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2003, 01:13:58 PM »
Here is an article about others who "lied".

Dem Liars

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2003, 01:46:40 PM »
Makes me wonder how long it will be before GWB is accused of molesting and raping women, murdering dozens of political opponents including hacks within his own administration, conspiring with the columbian drug cartel to smuggle drugs into florida, selling secret amercian spy satellite technology to China for campaign money.....the end is listless.

Its all just a bunch of smack.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2003, 01:54:11 PM »
^Yeager,

This thread is about Bush,  not Clinton ;)

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2003, 02:14:14 PM »
Originally posted by Sox62
Here is an article about others who "lied".

quit pointing out the double standards of our friends on the other side of the issue :)

We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." President Clinton, 2-17-98

"The risk Iraqi leaders may use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us, or our allies, is the greatest security threat we face." Madeline Albright, 2-18-98

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Advisor, 2-18-98

"... take necessary steps to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton from Sens. Levin, Daschle, Kerry and others, 10-9-98

"Saddam's engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology." Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., 12-16-98

"He's reinvigorated his weapons programs ... biological, chemical and nuclear programs ... he continues to redefine delivery systems to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush from Sen. Bob Graham, D-Fla., and others, 12-5-01

"Saddam is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He's ... building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., 9-12-02

"He's stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." Al Gore, 9-23-02

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., 9-27-02

"Saddam retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons ... he is seeking nuclear weapons ..." Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.V., 10-3-02

"I'll be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force ... to disarm Saddam. ... I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., 10-9-02

"Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons." Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.V., 10-10-02

"Hussein's worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability and his nuclear program. He's given aid, comfort and sanctuary to terrorists, including al-Qaeda members." Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., 10-10-02

"... a brutal, murderous dictator ... an oppressive regime ... continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... the threat of Saddam with weapons of mass destruction is real." Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., 1-23-03