Author Topic: Can you remember...  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Can you remember...
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2003, 06:18:29 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
I remember my first flight.......

I was flying with a mouse.........This must've been a few generations of AH back, not sure of version number.

Anyway...I upped an an P51 because we didnt have niks then....
and proceded to climb out looking for something to kill.
I found a whole mission of p38s  at about 5,000feet lower than me. I guess I figured I could just come in on the 6 of the mission and at least get a kill since I was so new and only had a mouse.
There must've been about 23-30 p38s in this group. So, I started to dive in on the p38's 6 and they didnt see me untill I was fairly close.. so I let em HAVE it..opening up all the guns I had...I must've killed at least 3 on the pass and another 7 in the furball that insued. The other 13 or so P38s for some reason went into a dive to get away and they of all compressed and augered. Anyway, I still remember some of those brave P38s pilots.....Most of them went on to fly with the FBs and the MAWs. Say hello to them when You see them in the air.  I do :)

guys for my first flight....

Hmmm - no LMFAO post yet............wonder who's actually reading these things.......

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Can you remember...
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2003, 06:26:45 PM »
actually, my first kill was myself, I KS'd on Hitech himself.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Can you remember...
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2003, 01:26:27 AM »
First flight was an event (took me a whole week to glide off "A1"'s hill). I climbed and climbed in my little SpitIX... saw a couple of 109's ahead of me, and started shooting at no less than D40.

They laughed and Killed me quickly.

So, I decide to take my revenge... and up a 109 G10 myself. I climb, I climb & I climb myself to 20k... and I spot 2 Spits. Start diving on them, right from the top. I don't know exactly at what point my wings went off, but I think I could still hear them both lauging as I augered at the speed of sound right below them.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Kommandant

• Copper Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Can you remember...
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2003, 01:41:42 AM »
My First Combat really sucked because I was usin a mouse. I upped in a 110, and was killed in the same instant I lifted because a Vulcher was behind me. Yep...

Offline Kommandant

• Copper Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Can you remember...
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2003, 01:45:09 AM »
I could feel my heart beating fast and that kill made me feel all warm inside. [/B]

Sure you diddn't mess yourself?

Just kiddin with ya. Yeah I get Adrenaline rushes when I am on Buff runs and have someone who thinks they are being sneaky and gets within 200 of me before I give up and open fire.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2003, 02:14:20 AM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
I remember my first flight.......

I was flying with a mouse.........This must've been a few generations of AH back, not sure of version number.

Anyway...I upped an an P51 because we didnt have niks then....
and proceded to climb out looking for something to kill.
I found a whole mission of p38s

_____________________________ ____________________

Hmmm - no LMFAO post yet............wonder who's actually reading these things.......

The N1K2-J was added in the AH beta and was still present (and always has been) in AH v1.00.  The P-38L was added in AH v1.02.

It wasn't that funny.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline chunder'

• Zinc Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2003, 02:27:05 AM »
First flight was back in Tour 1.  I grabbed a gleaming Corsair outta the hanger (cause that's what everybody recommended), cranked her up on the runway, jammed the throttle full open and shortly thereafter slammed into the side of a hanger.  Torque sure was mean back then...

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Can you remember...
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2003, 04:46:46 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
The N1K2-J was added in the AH beta and was still present (and always has been) in AH v1.00.  The P-38L was added in AH v1.02.

It wasn't that funny.

Jeez, that's twisting my melon....lol. I've been following/playing this game for too long. I had to go back and look at the announcements post(from the beginning).....I remember seeing the screenshoots of the nik. Could've sworn it was added after the p38...lol. Anyway - found a lot of jarred memories from the post in there..

I guess you failed to miss the humor in that post......you know..the part about killing 7 p38s with a p51....after flying through them and killing 3....then watching the rest of em yard dart......now most of em fly for MAWs and FBs (more the Fbs)...all that was done with a mouse.... :P All in my first flight :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 04:49:35 AM by Waffle »

Offline trolla

• Copper Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2003, 07:10:00 AM »
Yeah remember it too, was shot down by citabria and cause i was flying the f4u-c he shot my chute too lol. that was tour 3 i think.
(I did not know how good those was then but learnt that pretty quick)

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
Can you remember...
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2003, 11:18:18 AM »
Beta Tour 2 - Swager shows me this beta version of a new flight sim. I d/l, start it up and select a Spit. I somehow manage to get up in air and am flying somewhat straight as I climb. All of a sudden I am in the Tower. I look in kill buffer and it's a dweeb named Torque.  Don't know if he ever amounted to much of a pilot....

Some stats for Beta Tour 2:
sourkrau has 20 kills and has been killed 91 times in the Spitfire Mk IX.

Swager talks me into joining JG2 - suddenly I am a LW Ace:
sourkrau has 2 kills and has been killed 25 times in the Fw 190A-8.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2003, 12:25:48 PM »
My "score" says it all....  (I think it's  great that individual stats are still available four years later!!!)

____Beta Tour 1____

58 kills to  107 deaths

More than half of those 58 were while flying the "easy mode" Spit IX. The rest split between the 109G10, N1K2 and 51D. I hated the view from within the La5 so I did not fly that one much.  Heck I couldn't fly anything worth a damn really - (not claiming I can now either lol).

But my first kill was a 51D. Sky was full of 51d's or SpitIx's with a smattering of the 109, La5 and N1K2's.  Can't remember who my first kill was because I was so elated at finally getting one I forgot to look at the text buffer to see who it was.

IMO that was some tough skies too. Besides learning to handle trim, torque, a whole new set of key commands as well as a FM there was also a LOT of online aircombat vets trying AH out. Naturally you were either the prey or the predator but the predators outnumbered the prey by a large margin IMO.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 12:28:31 PM by Westy »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2003, 12:37:14 PM »
I can't remember my last encounter ... much less my first. I do remember to film things occasionally .... but I hardly ever review them .... just throw it all away. :D

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2003, 06:57:27 PM »
My first hop fresh from AW grab a pony climb to 20k. Spot a squaddie low with a trail of spits behind him. MUAHAHAHA I am thinking iceMAW has arived get ready to die spits. I roll over dont chop throttle at first. 15k 10k chop throttle pull back on stick hmm nothing happens. Put both feet on monitor pull back on stick real hard hmm nothing happens. 5k I yell help my sticks not working 40dog says trim up!!! trim up!!!.

I say whats trim ground gets real big BOOOM!!! lawn dart. xxx has shot you down.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack