Author Topic: Big Block!!  (Read 612 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Big Block!!
« on: October 10, 2003, 08:58:36 AM »
Well... maybe a little imature but... Driving home from the ex's to see the granddaughter... there is a stop light that is on an incline.. enough that my big ol El Camino would roll back into the next county if I let it.   I allways seem to get caught at it and so end up in neutral with my foot on the brake.

Woman pulls up behind me in some little 4 wheel drive station wagon thingie.... I mean RIGHT behind me..   She is on the phone of course and searching for something in the car of the utmost importance.

light turns green... I start to heel to the brake and gas and slip the six speed into first..  

she stops her frantic search ane with her free hand (the one not holding the cell phone), she lays into the horn.

I decided that she wanted me to leave rapidly... brought up the r's to 3 grand and dumped the clutch.... feathered the throttle so that I would stay about still and not roll backwards.  

When I got 25 yards away I still couldn't see her get out of the cloud of fragarant dunlop tire essence...  I really hope those sticky dunlops picked up a lot of loose rocks off the pavement along with all the little black rubber flecks.

Oh well... gave her something interesting to bore the person on the other end of her cell phone with.
lazs

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Big Block!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 09:04:03 AM »
SUE-EEETTT!

As it should be.  People like that should be pummeled

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 09:09:54 AM »
Feggin' awesome...and I bet the ole Camino didn't even break a sweat.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Strange

• Copper Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 09:22:14 AM »
Yeah, those type of people tick me off.. just like the ones who climb right up your arse tail gate you then pass you ont he right side and then cut you off to make that left hand turn. :mad:

I sat though one light lady was blowing the horn just as the light turned green.  Heh she was mad I made her wait though another light. :rofl

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
Re: Big Block!!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 09:25:17 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Well... maybe a little imature but... Driving home from the ex's to see the granddaughter... there is a stop light that is on an incline.. enough that my big ol El Camino would roll back into the next county if I let it.   I allways seem to get caught at it and so end up in neutral with my foot on the brake.

Woman pulls up behind me in some little 4 wheel drive station wagon thingie.... I mean RIGHT behind me..   She is on the phone of course and searching for something in the car of the utmost importance.

light turns green... I start to heel to the brake and gas and slip the six speed into first..  

she stops her frantic search ane with her free hand (the one not holding the cell phone), she lays into the horn.

I decided that she wanted me to leave rapidly... brought up the r's to 3 grand and dumped the clutch.... feathered the throttle so that I would stay about still and not roll backwards.  

When I got 25 yards away I still couldn't see her get out of the cloud of fragarant dunlop tire essence...  I really hope those sticky dunlops picked up a lot of loose rocks off the pavement along with all the little black rubber flecks.

Oh well... gave her something interesting to bore the person on the other end of her cell phone with.
lazs

No joke lazs - if you wrote that story up like a movie script and titled it 'Eau de Dunlop' I'm willing to bet that Dunlop would consider making it into a commercial for the Speed Channel or something.

It is a very sweet mental picture. :)

Mike/wulfie

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 09:30:17 AM »
You guys shoulda seen it... really... you could not see her car through the smoke.

I might add that my son had just given me a pair of new dunlops that are sitting in the garage as we speak...  might need em sooner than later.

Glad for the reaction from you guys... was afraid I would be chastised for imature reckless behavior... the only kind I am capable of I guess.
lazs

Offline BEVO

• Copper Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 09:52:06 AM »
Classic!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 10:28:41 AM »
That was immature and reckless...

and I wish my car could do it.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 10:28:58 AM »
LOL
 I think Laz just got at least 10 years younger!

Man I can picture it! It could only be better if her windows where down.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 10:33:17 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
You guys shoulda seen it... really... you could not see her car through the smoke.

I might add that my son had just given me a pair of new dunlops that are sitting in the garage as we speak...  might need em sooner than later.

Glad for the reaction from you guys... was afraid I would be chastised for imature reckless behavior... the only kind I am capable of I guess.
lazs

If you did anything else we would have been disappointed.  Ya done good!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 10:36:12 AM »
WHOOoo HOOoooo...

Lets see yer little ricers do that....lol

Somethin bout a car that sounds like a weedeater that just turns me off ;) :rofl

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 10:55:17 AM »
Originally posted by Strange
Yeah, those type of people tick me off.. just like the ones who climb right up your arse tail gate you then pass you ont he right side and then cut you off to make that left hand turn. :mad:

maybe you shouldn't be in the left lane going slow?

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Big Block!!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 11:51:45 AM »
I hope her windows and sunroof were open.

Charon

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Big Block!!
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2003, 11:57:41 AM »
maybe you shouldn't be in the left lane going slow?

my thought exactly.

the only thing I hate worse than slow cars in the left lane are women putting on make-up, or doing their hair while driving.

a few years back I got stuck behind this woman doing about 30 on the freeway, at 5:30 pm.  she was just this rolling roadbloack that I ran into as soon as I got on the freeway.  couldn't even get around her for awhile because of the traffic and the fact that she was going about 45mph slower than the rest.  when I finally was able to get out from behind and start to pass I look in her rearview and she's putting lipstick on.  so when I was almost past her I swerved the car hard towards hers and then back.  just enough so it looked like I didn't see her and was going to bring the truck over on top of her.  she panics then gets back in control after she realizes there is no emergency.  it was very satisfying to look back in the mirror and see that line of lipstick running up her face.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Big Block!!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »
WTG
Nothing immature about it.  What's immature is those slushbox pukes honking their horn when it takes you more than 0.05 seconds to start rolling after a light.