Author Topic: Bugs  (Read 787 times)

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bugs
« on: October 15, 2003, 08:21:34 PM »
Constant flicker flashing spot goes from a square to a half cir in all aircraft gvs tower etc in all views. P51b looks like skin is set wrong. Inside canopy frames have outside textures on them. Wings are all white with clear sections around markers. When in pan view lower cockpit panel flickers on and off. When looking down just a bit in pan area around cockpit goes clear. Wing control surfaces are see thru most of the time. Had one ctd so far when spit crashed into trunkless cir trees. No flap sounds on ponys. My 8 way hat switch only has 4 views. Frame rates are not bad around 25 when cir drones. Up view goes to 138 rest outside views around 40 50 looking down 5k plus 30 or so. Down low in clutter vis range 25ish. No studder of flipping. Get lots of tearing or cliping around ground objects. Most noticable around base and towns. Resolution set to 1280X setting.

So far thats all I have will keep testing. My sytem seems to handle it well. About the same as AH1. System specs on signature.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 08:27:18 PM »
Oh a non bug issue. In ah1 when I go to desktop and come back in I get the white flashing screen. In AH2 this has been solved. WTFG TY TY TY. Hope it stays that way.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 09:41:48 PM by icemaw »
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bugs
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 09:09:58 PM »
Night time 01:00 blue ring around they sky. Also when looking down you see the sun on the ground.

BTW the new pony cockpit is spectacular. Looks like pics of the real thing. You can read all the text it is really nice you guys really put the hours into it and it shows. Thank you!
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Bugs
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 09:40:42 PM »
blue ring is already there at 00:30 and the sky rotates faster than the ground.

Not sure if both are bugs or one is a feature, but the F4 chase view for the G10 and A5 are offset to the side, this looks like the other odd bit that is a bug for sure: the view in the "set convergence" position in the hangar is not usable.  It's too far, to the side and the guns convergence lines disappear when set above 400 (depends on the plane), and the distance tooltips disappear almost right away if not always for some planes.

This view also defaults looking away from the plane when first pressed, and goes to the above paragraph's described pov when F1 pressed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 09:43:59 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bugs
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 11:13:07 PM »
I upped the res to 1600x setting frame rate went up in most cases. Got the most improvement sitting on the runway. The skin on the 190 got wacked  tho same as the b pony. Textures in the wrong places. Also get square boxes around muzzle flash on the 109. The ground looks like its breathing around areas where rocks are textured. Have only has the one CTD with the spit. Had crashed it several more time into the trunkless trees and had no problems. All in all its seems very stable on my system. Have many of the other bugs that have been reported. But CTD and frame rate are not a problem. When I get into a bunch more aircraft online FPS could be a problem but so far its not.
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bugs
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 02:04:15 PM »
Hitting alt x while in turret of panzer or tiger starts turret MG firing have to go back to drivers possision to make it stop. Tiger pintle gun turns however view does not.
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bugs
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 03:38:59 PM »
Several more hours of testing and still no more CTD's. Only had the one when I hit the tree in spit. Gonna start some extensive gv testing tonight. All in all my system has no problems with beta1.

Oh the constant flicker seems to be accociated with the horizon. I dont see it in the ground or though distant hills etc etc. I can see the outline of the horizon in it.

Thanks for the oportunity to test HT. Cant wait to try the new flight model against another pilot.
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bugs
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 11:26:53 PM »
Several hours spent in gvs no major bugs or CTD to report. Very smooth. Only thing I found was GV comes to an instant stop when starting up some hills. The terrain from the ground is very very nice. You really get a feel of driving over open country in gvs. The emersion when you get into towns and strat areas is very good. A major step froward. If a FPS is ever brought in you have laid the ground work for a game that will put WWIIonline out of buisness. Great work HT and crew.Love the way you guys names shops in towns. Sorry superfly I linda shot up your pad with a 50 cal. Didnt realize it was your house untill I had shot out all the windows. LOL
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Bugs
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 03:24:40 AM »
i found  the top machine gun diapears as you rotate it on panzer