Author Topic: Bugs (screenshots)  (Read 652 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Bugs (screenshots)
« on: October 16, 2003, 04:17:53 AM »
First my system:

AMD XP2700
1.5 Gigs of memory
ASUS GF3 video card w/latest Nvidia drivers
DirectX 9

Ran the game in 1024x768 32bit

The clipboard map seems to have some strange lighting on it.

In this screenshot everything looks dandy except the trees in the background.

From the cockpit view however there are no decals on the plane.

Here you can see that the instruments are difficult to read at 1024x768, and there were some "flickering" on the gauge needles. The artificial horizon is very effective, but I don't think that's the way it was supposed to look ;). You can also see on the starboard wing that there are some strange things going on with the landing gear when you toggle it.

Other things:

There is no smoke (except for tracers). There is no damage graphically represented. I unloaded all my ammo in a drones wing and nothing happened. One 30mm in the tail however and the drone simply disappeared, no explosion or debris.

Frame rates were generally good, but some slowdown when snap-panning to the right when on the runway (NE) for some reason.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
Bugs (screenshots)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 04:40:48 AM »
The trees in #2 are supposed to look like that. It's a compromise, they only look good from above.

As for decals, smoke, damage and explosions, these have just not been done/included yet. Not a bug.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"