Author Topic: not a bug, an fyi  (Read 756 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
not a bug, an fyi
« on: October 16, 2003, 04:22:41 AM »
the stall limiter seems to be enabled even when unchecked.

tried and tried and tried to get pony to spin, but would only snaproll and reocver easily.

guess it's one of those little details to be taken care of later.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
not a bug, an fyi
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 04:28:34 AM »
Nah.. You just dont know how to fly!:rofl :rofl :D :aok
I am a spy!

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
not a bug, an fyi
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 05:04:40 AM »
I was just testing the G10 and it seems something is wrong with the aileron authority.

All the planes in AH2 feel much more sluggish, the old sharp response is gone. Is this more correct? I don't know really. I do know however that aileron authority is so weak that autoclimb can't adjust enough aileron to keep the plane trimmed during climb.

Also in low speeds (170 or so knots) the aileron input is not enough to straighten the plane when it's tilted left.. Only way to get things happening is to kick full rudder deflection and then it turns pretty quickly.

The low effect is further noticeable when you bump your wingtip to a drone. With the whole wingtip gone, the aileron response stays practically the same. The old sluggish response turns into real sluggish - but all the same I could still perform passes under hangers with no problems. With the old G10 that would have been a total joke to even try.

All in all, it seems that half of the aileron control was cut away and the difference was added in rudder. Rudder movement now dominates the flight performance.