Author Topic: "Clueless and Dolts" film at 11:00  (Read 962 times)

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Re: "Clueless and Dolts" film at 11:00
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2003, 07:39:42 AM »
Originally posted by Scootter
We may be, but for P.R. HT gets a C-, calling your cUstomers names is in poor taste. We may be everything he says and a bag of chips but it's just  not a good thing to do IMHO.

Heck this game is all about insults and hate !

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
"Clueless and Dolts" film at 11:00
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2003, 07:48:21 AM »
Originally posted by Gremlin

To the point, just today I demo'd a piece of software to some clients.  I had previously told them quite clearly that this project was only 90% complete.  I even told them what bits didnt work yet.  Yet still there were moans and groans when I couldnt show them a specific function which I had clearly told them in advance was not yet complete.  The clients in question were engineers.  You would think that software engineers and civil/mechanical engineers would share a kind of affinity, but no it just doesnt seem to work like that.  The only people to understand the complexities of software engineering are software engineers and to go even further game software engineering is so far removed from regular software engineering you could nearly say they were two distinct disciplines.

So true !
I'm a software engineer and all other engineer are complete clueless dolt asking for ****** feature they don't undertstand themselves !
Usual citation from clueless (*)...: it's easy it's just software

And I've done some gaming programming in the past ,I'm brain dead :eek: :eek:

(*) 95% of the time it's some mechanical moron having done some mechanical junk trying to find an escape way by saying : modify the software ...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 07:52:38 AM by straffo »

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
"Clueless and Dolts" film at 11:00
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2003, 12:24:04 PM »
Im not offended in the least.    

I prefer straight talk, a few barbs exchanged, and the personal relationship from HTC too its customers.  Rather than the Politicaly correct double talk we hear most every where else.  

I find it refreshing.

I also like seeing the work moving forward and the privledge to see it as it evolves.    It gives folks a chance to actually have a small part in its devolopment.  You wont get those chances from the corperate giants.  Some day you can look back and say "I was there in beta"  

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 12:26:23 PM by Grimm »