Author Topic: Really weak offline mode  (Read 146 times)

wulf_pilot

Really weak offline mode
« on: October 29, 2000, 10:26:00 AM »
I come from playing a lot of warbirds but i believe that i have found my new #1 sim.  The only problem is its terribly weak offline mode.  Even v2.5 of WB was better than this.  The props dont even move and they are all mustangs.  I believe that the gear stays down also.  Now this is still a good game but its offline doesnt even come near WB, is there any thought being put into an offline revamp for another version?  Just curious.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Really weak offline mode
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2000, 11:19:00 AM »
It took WB about 5 years to get a decent offline mode.  AH is now 1 year old.

This is an online sim and I like HTC spending the time working on the online gameplay and not the offline drones.

But I see what you mean, I'd like a good offline mode too, eventually.  But not yet.

Best regards,

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Frosty1

Really weak offline mode
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2000, 11:52:00 AM »
wulf_pilot, keep in mind that the drones are the first attempt to put them in. HTC said that they won't do anything for a while so get off their back. Sheesh.

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Really weak offline mode
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2000, 12:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by Frosty1:
wulf_pilot, keep in mind that the drones are the first attempt to put them in. HTC said that they won't do anything for a while so get off their back. Sheesh.

Frosty,

He just asked a question, chill out.

Mav

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Rifle

• Zinc Member
Really weak offline mode
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2000, 01:08:00 PM »
Quote: It took WB about 5 years to get a decent offline mode. AH is now 1 year old.

And the same person coded WBs up to 18 months ago - so in 4.5 years AH still hasn't gota decent offline mode.  

Have fun,

Rifle

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Really weak offline mode
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2000, 01:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by Rifle:

And the same person coded WBs up to 18 months ago - so in 4.5 years AH still hasn't gota decent offline mode.  

Have fun,

Rifle

I guess that IEN concentrated their work into offline mode, instead of online one  

wulf_pilot

Really weak offline mode
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »
I was just curious, i didnt mean to start an war.  ITs just that it's hard to play a game for years and then switch to a new one with no problems

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Really weak offline mode
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2000, 03:30:00 PM »
You're right, Wulfe.  The offline mode isn't that great (yet).  I don't want to speak for HTC, but I think its safe to say that they have placed other things ahead of further developing offline play for the foreseeable future.  Most notably, they are developing naval ships for the next version.

Gordo

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Really weak offline mode
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2000, 04:07:00 PM »
Good question Wulf.  I spent about 2 months playing offline before going online and the practice sure helped (though they didn't have drones back then).

I would imagine that the introduction of a better offline play would have two effects:-

1  Increased ACM within the MA.  I'm sure everyone would benefit to practice like the WB offline.  I sure do anyway.

2  Some people may not wish to go online, but I would imagine that would be very few.

So yeah, I would love to see a better offline mode, especially with vehicles, but I know HTC are busy so I can wait a bit more!  

Bring on the Navy!!

Regards

'Nexx'

NEXX

Antix

Really weak offline mode
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2000, 04:17:00 PM »
Hey wulf, the H2H version of Aces High is 8 player, and there is usually a game going, or start one, people will show, you'll have smart targets to shoot at.