Author Topic: I have 2 maybe 3 hours to play ah ussually after 6pm EST and its night in the MA  (Read 652 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
its been consistantly happening in the MA night is always starting when I log on around 5-6pm EST and it takes hours for that god awful dawn and sunset to end.

its not fun to fight icons with the planes under them nearly invisable.

night I dont mind because night when its actually very dark lasts only 5 minutes or so.

but the lethargic process of dawn and sunset gets so frustrating trying to fly in that darkness it just is not fun for me and many others.

is there anything that can be done about the timespan from dusk to dawn? could the whole thing  be over in half an hour? it would be tollerable then.

2+ hours of it when you only have 2-3 hours to fly makes many log off in frustration.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
I often have the same situation, Only a short window of play time, & somehow it seems to always include nite.  First time I saw nite I thought it was cool, that was the ONLY time I thought it was cool. Was some 3 years ago....
A_Clown

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
So go make some more maps with all this extra time!    :p

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Agreed

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Absolutely agree.

Maybe a special "night in the DA" schedule for those that love night?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Agreed ... whats the logic in it ... to give the server a break ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
i enjoy the "night" period for itself

but i cant stand those loooooooong sunsets and sunrises its horrible

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
it's designed to push up the numbers in CT - when there is a decent planeset there
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
ITs night at primetime to keep the numbers lower...

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
I agree fully.

And after so many complaints about it in the past, it makes me wonder why it is not changed yet.

Greetz

Apar

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
I enjoy the realism it adds.

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
3 more days and Daylight Savings Time ends.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Well since the MA time and real time are not linked. The night time is allways occuring at a different time. That is to say night came at 6:30pm pac time today tomarrow it will be 6:35pm pac time etc etc. That is just an example not actual time. Sure for a week your normal flying time will include some night. But after that you will go a couple weeks with out it getting dark.

BTW I hate night too. It would be allright if not for the game the game dweebs that change thier gamma for night ops.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 11:37:51 AM by icemaw »
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
I cheat.

I turn gamma to about 2.00 and go fly.

I do it because I can.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Online artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Yes untill there will be included night fighters to AH it has no reason to turn on night. Sometimes it becomes just Instruments Flight - it is fun - but you can't fight you can get vis only on Icon.

If there were Beufighter, Night Mosquito etc... it might be fun.... but this way..... Day airctrafts can't fight sucsecefully at night. Night fight is 180 degrees different it looks like more intersption via radar and not dogfight.

Most of times I see night I go to CT, if there are enoght players.

So......
Turn Off This Nights
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel