Author Topic: Unplayable Maps  (Read 1453 times)

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 10:11:17 AM »
ROFL Shane...I was wondering when that one would come out :D

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Newbies
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2003, 10:14:46 AM »
Originally posted by ACE108
(pick any one of them)
Ace, this isn't the land grabbing MA, that's not what the CT is about.  The CT is about finding good fights or in my case, completing a bomber mission in a hostile environment.

If you think the Axis has better planes, switch sides and fly Axis, players are expected and encouraged to switch sides when numbers get off.  That's why base captures USUALLY make no sense in the CT.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2003, 10:33:54 AM »
Well Ace, sorry your having a tough time in the CT.
As for being a paying customer...most of us here are, and are quite happy with what the CM's do here for us (They are players just like the rest of us, and do this FOR us out of graciousness).

We fly the CT for the Historical aspects of it. That is why it is here.
If you are looking for fantasy, go to the MA.
Don't slam the CT or the CM's because you don't understand what the purpose of the arena is, and are unwilling or unable to grasp the concept.
And last but not least.....Don't let the door smack ya in the butt on the way out.

RTR
The Damned

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2003, 10:39:59 AM »
This is one of my favorite aspects of this game. kids hate it!!! you cant go down to the walmart and pickup a book full of cheats. "you mean i have to invest time in this to be any good at this game, that sux d00d" "i dont care about the history but i will tell you what is wrong with the setup" i play a couple of other games too that are chock full of kiddies and it drives me batty. move along ace108, the ct is not for you. go to the ma and learn to fly (this may take more than a week or 2, sorry, took me more than a year and i still suck), then come back to the ct and kick somebodies arse.
thanks shane, i havent seen that one in a while!

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2003, 11:51:55 AM »
Honestly, people wonder why there aren't numbers in CT anymore... Okay the guy is frustrated, and yes some of the things he are saying are "Newbie" statements,  but you know what,  the constint bashing of someone because they are new... Yes if he doesn't get the CT, or have been studying ww3 for the last 400 years like all the Historical experts we have in CT nowadays....  Don't bash the guy...

The Combat Theater is set up for historical gameplay.  There is a two sided war, a limited plane set, and reduced radar.

Honestly you guys have to admit that it has gotten a little to much furball and not enough other things... AND YES THAT IS WHY I DON'T FLY CT UNLESS IT'S SQUAD NIGHT...   Honestly take this for what it is worth...

Just take it easy on some of the new guys, ace is trying to fall in with what the CT has to offer... but frustrations do happen and calling him a dweeb is not accomplishing anything but just making him mad...  

As for everything else with the CT,  CM's you guys do, do a good job with what you have, So  But right now... the way I personally feel about the CT one day a week is enough.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2003, 02:49:37 PM »
if the guy had posted one civil post and left it at that, I'm sure the responses would have been different

the kid brought it on himself - looks like he kept Skuzzy busy for a while too

no patience for such
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2003, 03:42:29 PM »
this whiney-arsed crybaby loves this setup.  :aok

(btw, bite me arlo)  :D

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Sorry
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 07:17:06 PM »
All I should of said is that it would be nice to play these maps with more stuff enabled. So that we aren't limited to using them on a H2H server. I'm thinking from a gamer point of view. I wanted to see more folks play the maps.
I didn't intend to piss anyone of and sorry if I did.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2003, 03:55:55 AM »
Then go play MA.

The CT is specifically for the folks who like limited, matched, or semi-historic planesets in a historic time line. It is not a representation of the actual tactical and strategical aspect, but the plane sets are borrowed from a certain general time line.

If I want to fly "more stuff enabled", then I go play MA. If I want some immersive, historic plane matchups, I come to the CT and play. I suggest you do the same, instead of requesting things impossible in this forum.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
CT planes
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2003, 03:52:57 PM »
Newbie aside I never see how the allies can claim the axis has the best planes. Almost without exception the allies have the biggest variety of planes. The axis has to fly smarter to compensate and do on a regular basis. Stream, you claim the CT has turned into a furball? Is that why the 325th is in the MA all the time? No furballing there, huh? I know you have several new and inexperienced guys, and getting mauled can be discouraging, but don't blame the CT. Have fun in the MA.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2003, 05:07:09 PM »
:rolleyes: :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 05:09:17 PM by Arlo »

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2003, 01:04:24 AM »
Honestly Bear,
  I don't know what is wrong with the CT anymore... When I first started in it there was something different than nowadays... So I fly elsewhere... My guys like flying in here so I will too... but right now... people can make fun of my posts, make fun of my commets, and make fun of my flying... To me the CT can fly bannanas with monkeys on them anymore...   the funny thing is ... people will still be fighting over what type of bannana they want to fly...   It's lost the fun anymore....

Offline Corwin

• Copper Member
Re: Unplayable Maps
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2003, 12:25:26 PM »
Originally posted by ACE108

Sorry if that offends you all but it's a GAME...

If Axes always has the better planes and all the better guns and Allies never have the numbers with all weaker planes and guns then, well it's history. CT needs be fare even for the paying newbies like me.

... keep in mind it's a game so you're not going to have real history here. I can see by the map, You are an excellent scholar of history but this is a GAME.
ACE108

This offends me.  AH is life and the CT is real history isn't it?

What is the world coming to when axes have guns? Stop the violence I say!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Unplayable Maps
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2003, 01:54:20 PM »
Originally posted by Corwin
What is the world coming to when axes have guns? Stop the violence I say!

guns don't kill people, axes kill people!

:mad:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2003, 06:00:02 PM »
Originally posted by storch
You are both way off base, the keyboards are mightier than the axes. armed or otherwise

keyboards with arms?!?  what horrors will be loosed upon the world next?

monitors with legs?!?

tools with joysticks?!? oh wait those are already out there...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798