Author Topic: are you a Yankee or a Southerner?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
are you a Yankee or a Southerner?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 02:23:32 PM »
Nother TEXAN here. Howdy ya'll!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2003, 02:28:17 PM »
westerner

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2003, 02:59:34 PM »
Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, about as far away from the deep souf as you can get. :D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2003, 03:11:42 PM »
While we were a member of the Union during the Civil war, I believe Californians pretty much snickered at all the bruhaha in the East and spent thier time at the beach eating oysters.

Or dodging the "recruiters" in the San Francisco bars. (For the clipper ships .... get yer minds out of the gutter!)

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2003, 03:23:10 PM »
American by birth...
Southern by the grace of God.

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2003, 03:23:31 PM »
Parents grew up in Mass. and Maine, I was born in Missouri, but have lived in Georgia all my life.  I consider myself a Southerner.  Georgia is a great place to live.  Well it was anyway until all these damn rude arse Yankee carpetbaggers started to move down here in the past 7 years.  Georgia has changed quite abit (for the worse) with all the rude obnoxious Yankee fucts.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2003, 03:26:58 PM »
AKIron: I think Texans need their own category. ;)

Yes. It is still a matter of discussion whether Southern states in general tried to seccede mostly in order to keep slavery few more decades or just to avoid ruinous tariffs and encroachment by the central government.

But we know for sure that Texans did rebel and secceded in order to install slavery.

Yeager: I would have fought to preserve the integrity of the Union.
 So even though I am not of either Northern or Southern state heritage, I consider myself a Yank.

And before that you would have been a loyalist happily killing patriots in order to preserve the integrity of the United Kindgom, right?

miko

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 03:31:21 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d

Yes. It is still a matter of discussion whether Southern states in general tried to seccede mostly in order to keep slavery few more decades or just to avoid ruinous tariffs and encroachment by the central government.

But we know for sure that Texans did rebel and secceded in order to install slavery.
 miko

That's either the biggest whopper you've told here or the stinkiest bait.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 03:38:58 PM »
Yank here.  Michigan all my life.  

Although once my Yankee arse figured out the Confederate flag stands for states' rights, I wish some of those old Southern political ideals were a bit stronger nowdays.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 04:11:41 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d

Yeager: I would have fought to preserve the integrity of the Union.
 So even though I am not of either Northern or Southern state heritage, I consider myself a Yank.

And before that you would have been a loyalist happily killing patriots in order to preserve the integrity of the United Kindgom, right?

miko

Funny you should put it that way "rebel". When Texas joined the Union it was under the agreement that Texas could leave the Union at will. Joining the Confederacy is another issue but I don't think I'd call it rebelling.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2003, 04:28:18 PM »
friend of mine from Texas said that they should build a wall on the border between texas, louisana and other surrounding states, seccesionist and all. I asked him when I could start :)

Lived in the south for 4 years. Although it was florida and that doesn't really count.
Given a choice, i'll be a yank :D

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2003, 04:28:28 PM »
my relatives fought for texas and not a one owned a slave.

piss off.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2003, 04:36:05 PM »
Born a Yankee here.. but Sundiver's in denial. The good Texan that he is, refused to admit he was in love with a Yankee... so instead of saying I live in Michigan while finishin' school, we're saying that these damn yankees are holdin' this Southern Belle with good Texas Breeding hostage.

Thankfully I really do have the good Texas Breeding a generation back. ;)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2003, 04:43:32 PM »
Born a Yankee always a Yankee...

But I'd like to see the Marlins win :D .

Born in the North raised in the Good'ol' South
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2003, 05:00:52 PM »
West Virginina, in the most ironic moment of the Civil War, was made a seperate state(can you say dis-union) by the Congress after the Union forces occupied it.  President Lincoln signed the bill into law because had he not, the slaves in the area would have been delcared free by his soon to be signed Emancipation Proclamation, thus inciting the locals to fight against the Union once more.

Anyone born North of I-10 is a Yankee, North of I-20 is a Damned Yankee, and the Left coasters are neither, they are just fruits and nuts.