Author Topic: HTC please check the proportions of the 109 front windscreen before making variants  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
the front windscreen proportions are correct in the current old versions of the 109 in ah but in the new AH2 version the front window is a very narrow square instead of a wider rectangle.

minute as it may seem but this is what every 109 pilot sees all the time when playing and before making any more 109s could you please adjust it? this has an effect on gunery and tracking targets andmakes the new ah2 109 more difficult to shoot with than the current ah1.0 109s

« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 10:11:46 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
shouldn't use pictures from a pov off the pilot line of sight.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
Originally posted by moot
shouldn't use pictures from a pov off the pilot line of sight.

That's a moot point.

:D

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
look at all 3 pictures

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
I think it was Cit who pointed out the error in the current F6F-5 windshield - I hope that error is fixed as well.   The front windscreen in the F6F-5 should be taller....

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
I've found other minor stuff on the 109g10 but the front windscreen is the bigest thing that needs to be right.

the current windscreen on the ah2 g10 makes already difficult gunnery even harder and situational awareness is greatly reduced with the windscreen being more narrow than it should be

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
yes oboe. to me as much as I like the other details on planes to be right the most inportant part of a 3d cockpit is a correctly proportioned front windscreen because thats what everyone looks at all the time when flying their favorite plane.

every kill you make is looking out the front window.

now the g10 looks awsome now. the rear canopy is excellent. the textures are great.

sure they forgot the put the streamlined pods on the sides for the 12.7mm guns and the air intake is funky but it captures the look of the 109 very well! from an external point of view.

from an internal point of view the 109 cockpit looks great everywhere except on the proportions of the front window.

camo just posted great reference pic of the dimensions of the windscreen.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Citabria
is greatly reduced with the windscreen being more narrow than it should be

I've had to move the seating position forward on many planes to give a more realistic sitting/visibility view.  The AH view is someone sat back which would give the impression of the 109 windscreen being more narrow, or am I misinterpretting what you're trying to say Citabria?
NEXX

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Look at the canopy bars themselves, they are rather thick. They take up most of that space from the middle.

look at camos pic themn look at the ah2 frames.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
i just think the old g10 as blocky as it was did a better job representing the 109g10 windscreen

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Comparison of AH2 G10 and camos G2 chickenpit

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Looks like that even that the screen capture was taken with view closer than camos pic, the front end of the chickenpit is much narrower than the original.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
gunsight should also be closer to the center

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Yes, these things are important to us older "Hi-Fidelity" geeks (People over 13) but Cit, you should also ask for accurate gauges.

Damn LLv34, I thought for a brief moment that I was looking at a screenshot of IL2FB (Seriously)....nice photo :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2003, 03:05:46 AM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns