Author Topic: Taxation without Representation  (Read 1834 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Taxation without Representation
« on: October 27, 2003, 06:45:40 PM »
How many of the CT staffers actually fly in the CT on a regular basis? And I mean "fly" not man AA guns.  

I know of one that does, but am doubtful of a couple others.

How does one become a CT staffer?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 07:30:05 PM »
1st   you must love LW aircraft, as well as the Ki-67 and N1J2.
2nd  you must have a heart of stone.
3rd   ignor post like mine :-)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 09:17:37 PM »
Saying "Bite me" helps to:)

When their is a vacancy on the Staff we seak out a replacement and sometimes advertise the fact we nead a staffer, we run with 4 full time staffers and prexently have two back up staffer's.

Personaly I have been quiet busy in Real life wrking on a new House over the past few months and hve only realy flow on my set up's, before that going back to almost the beging of AH I have some very Heavy hours in the CT and the MA, please feal free to look up my Stats.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 10:16:01 PM »
I did look up your stats and I see you logging no sorties for your "Soccer War".  I don't care who developed it you posted it.  Sugar coat it all you want, your not doing a good job, imo.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 10:18:40 PM »
Hey Bug that setup was mine and due to ISP troubles at home all week long I only got 1 or 2 nights of flying in there and hate I missed it. I think it was a total of maybe 2-4 hours time in there because my ISP seems to hate ADSL connections. So don't take it out on Brady or any other CM. If you have a beef with the setup let me hear it personally unlike what 99% of the other setup whines were for that week.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 10:31:14 PM »
I don't have a whine about that set-up. I personally don't like non-WWII based setups but that doesn't mean they don't have a place in the CT.

My argument isn't against this set-up or that.  My argument is against people that are running the show that are completely out of touch with the arena.

"Soccer War" was only brought up to make a point, not to slam  the actual set-up Reschke.  Although I do have to admit, I did not like it.  I enjoy WWII historical-based flight sim'ing, I'm sorry but the Soccer War doesn't cut the mustard in that subject.  Don't take what I dislike personally.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 10:41:35 PM »
I was in the Areana several times and sat in the tower monitoring it during the week, since I have my PC in pices and my flight gear packed at present I was not flying it.

And Bug, you can "Bite Me" :)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 11:03:10 PM »
I guess I typed a lot of words to get to the the same sentiment.

Brady Bite me :) Your time is up.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 11:10:14 PM »
Well with over 4,000 ours flight time in AH to tour 12 and most likely at least a 1,000 in the tours before that I can say that i did not miss anything by not being able to fly in the last set up, I can also say that instead of pawning off my dutys on another stafer and seting up my PC under a tarp in an unfinished hose so I could do Reschkeys set up I did my duty for the week and the player base, you can piss off Bug.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 11:35:56 PM »
For all you past efforts.  But I'm not asking ya to try harder.  I'm looking for you to get out of the way, step aside and let some new blood in.  A lot of people work very hard at their jobs, yet they still don't do them we'll.

I think fresh blood, a new approach and a new found enthusiasm is very much what the CT needs.  You're not gonna gain that by perking this plane or that.

Other than that I can only hope AHII ToD gets here and puts you out of business.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 11:48:55 PM »
Every Few months we get new blood in the CT Bug, it just works out that way, last time we had a real hard time geting two new staffer's I practialy had to beg one of them to join to fill the whole we had, and this close to AHII and ToD I dont think were going to change anything since as you say our days may well be numbered anyway, and you can still piss off.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 01:24:53 AM »
i think CT will still be a viable arena after ToD is up and running (and as long as pizza/bugisles/night are in the lineup)...

one can only advance their mad skillz vs ai drones to a point.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 04:59:02 AM »
I try to fly in the CT every chance I get either by myself or every Tue & Thur night when JG 3 takes to the air. When I have a set-up going I "practically" camp out in there. Every time I go in I ask if there are any problems with the arena or has anyone having any troubles so I can keep my eye on things. I think I take my duties as a part of the CT Staff seriously and I try to work to make everything better for all.

As for Brady - yes he can be a pain in the prettythang sometimes :D  but you will find NO ONE as knowlegable on the in's and out's of the CT and it's workings or that works as hard to put everything together to make a set-up all that it be and as fair for BOTH SIDES that it can be with the limited plane-set and the historical background of the scenario. Just about ALL the CT Staffer's turn to Brady for info on the arena when there is a problem. Be glad you have him VOLUNTEERING his time.

Sorry Bug, this one is way off base.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 05:43:51 AM »
Bug you are an idiot. Brady runs a set up 1 time every 4 weeks. If you don’t like his set ups don’t fly them. This isn’t your personal arena and you aren’t anyone to be catered to.

There are plenty of crappy setups run and there has been from the beginning. The problem with "new guys" on the ct staff is they try to re invent the wheel. Remember the "lets try KS off" week?

I flew in the ct from the day it opened. It has steadily gone down hill over the past year. That’s not the fault of the cms or the set ups but from whiney players who think its their personal arena. Look at the crap Jester took over his ETO set up.

Many in the ct just fly to avoid the main not for better game play or better fights but because they cant hack getting smacked down over and over in a large arena. The fact is the ct plays just like the main with milk runners, gangers, vulchers and whiners. Face it the ct is just a main with less players, less planes and more whiners per square mile. HT ought to just shut it down.

If you want a particular set up done then go research and present it to a ct cm and see if he will run it.

Kanttori and the fins went out and built themselves a set of maps and skins and developed a write up and the cms ran it. Reschke has put together a group of guys to develop themselves particular setups.

Instead of whining about how uncaring Brady is toward your plight get some guys together and get to work.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2003, 12:03:11 PM »
"There are plenty of crappy setups run and there has been from the beginning"

So if we dont like one, can we mention it?

"That’s not the fault of the cms or the set ups but from whiney players who think its their personal arena."

Who designed and ran the crappy setups mentioned above?... same whiney players?

"The problem with "new guys" on the ct staff is they try to re invent the wheel. Remember the "lets try KS off" week?"

Now be carefull Batz...that sounded darn close to a criticism of a CT Staffer, thats a no-no here.

"If you want a particular set up done then go research and present it to a ct cm and see if he will run it."

As long as it features 109s, there seems to be no problem there.

"Kanttori and the fins went out and built themselves a set of maps and skins and developed a write up and the cms ran it."

Did it feature 109s?

"Many in the ct just fly to avoid the main not for better game play or better fights but because they cant hack getting smacked down over and over in a large arena."

Have you been flying there lately by chance? you must be an "ace" then!

"HT ought to just shut it down."

Damn!, another complaint, thats two now?

Nobody has to justify their comments about the CT to you. You seem to think that your brand of criticism is somehow "above" all the other, more "pedestrian" complaints that the more common-folk players have here, lol.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24