Author Topic: Taxation without Representation  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: not to change the subject ..
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2003, 09:44:55 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
well, yes to change the subject ....

can we get rid of nite in this setup and make dusk and dawn about 10 minutes long?

YEAH!! CANT YOU LOOSER CT STAF LISTIN TO THE PLAYR BASES?!? WE DONT LIK NITETIM!! ITZ GUD FOR NOTHEN! WE PLAYERZ DEMEND EKUAL ATTENTION TO OUR GAMEPLY RIGTS WITHOUT TAXASHUN!!

DO IT NOW TAXASHUN LOOSERS!!

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Taxation without Representation
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2003, 11:07:14 AM »
I dont fly AH at all let alone the CT.

Out of curiosity, why are you here?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: not to change the subject ..
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2003, 11:19:08 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
YEAH!! CANT YOU LOOSER CT STAF LISTIN TO THE PLAYR BASES?!? WE DONT LIK NITETIM!! ITZ GUD FOR NOTHEN! WE PLAYERZ DEMEND EKUAL ATTENTION TO OUR GAMEPLY RIGTS WITHOUT TAXASHUN!!

DO IT NOW TAXASHUN LOOSERS!!

:aok

well put :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2003, 11:29:50 AM »
The above annoucement has been brought to you by the Poster Child for the US Public School System.  :rolleyes:
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2003, 03:53:46 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
The above annoucement has been brought to you by the Poster Child for the US Public School System.  :rolleyes:

Which one?  Brady's?   Gotta love the spelling.

eddiek.  That was a sane, informative, comprehensive answer to TheBug's original question.  
Maybe if that had been tried at the top, this wouldn't have degenerated into a namecalling fest.

Then again, maybe it would have anyway.

Splash1

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2003, 05:12:52 PM »
I post when I am able to, but lately with my job I am gone from home more than I like, and the hospital system does not allow me to access the AH BBS, so...........
Sometimes I don't get to read things that are written until a day or two (or more) later.
I can understand players's frustrations, as I am a player first and foremost and probably feel the same things they do.  But, after 3 years plus in this game, I've moved from making really impassioned posts and remarks to just reading and thinking a while before I respond to things I see in the arenas and in the game in general.  
Many ideas that are expressed have merit, but their delivery falls way short.  I am as guilty of that as the next person; over time, I have tried to learn more effective ways to get my ideas across.  
To each his own, but I hope some guys rethink their posts and how their ideas are expressed BEFORE they hit that little "SUBMIT REPLY" or "SUBMIT POST" button.

Just my two cents...........:aok

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2003, 05:16:53 PM »
how does one know when they're ready for maturity?

depends.

:rofl
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2003, 05:42:00 PM »
And that is the extent of Shane's knowledge of maturity. :D

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2003, 08:16:03 PM »
I didn't really want to post in this thread since the author is a compleat idjit but...

Shane my god I wish I could learn to be as sarcastic as you are.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2003, 08:30:08 PM »
Change is a good thing.

Please worship Shane on your own thread, thank you.  How pathetic. :p
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2003, 10:14:31 PM »
Yup, better hang it up here.  Ya got me with that one Storch.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2003, 01:03:10 AM »
Host: TheBug shot you down.

I guess its getting on his nerves a bit.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 01:31:13 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2003, 05:53:47 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
My argument isn't against this set-up or that.  My argument is against people that are running the show that are completely out of touch with the arena.

so you're saying hitech is out of touch with the game he designed - and is still working on?? i never see HT in the aweenas no mo'  :(

what exactly are you getting at here? i mean i've seen nothing specific mentioned, just a general malaise...

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2003, 10:27:12 AM »
No level of frustration justifies attacking one of the guys volunteering his time in an attempt to bring some fun to the rest of yas.

There are many other things you can do if you don’t like a set up. Don’t fly it, make your own and sell it to a ct cm. You can even call ht and ask that the ct cms be rotated quarterly so some new blood gets a chance at running a few setups. You can ask Skuzzy to add 1 or 2 more CMs.

But simply whining complaining will get you nothing. Nothing is stopping any of you from building a map, or a plane set with historical skins and selling it to any 1 of the 4 active CMs. Nothing is stopping any of you from picking up the phone and calling HT and suggesting that the CT CMs be on a fixed rotation.

Demanding that others adjust what they are doing to suit you and your idea of fun is nothing more then whining. The CMs don’t need to be in the arena to hold your hand and they don’t need to justify anything they do to you.

As I pointed out in another thread, there are those who take it on themselves to get things done and there are those who complain about it. Its obvious to everyone who is who.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2003, 06:09:40 PM »
That seems to be a sentiment easy to afford when you are commenting from the sidelines?

As I recall you and some others had a few choice posts on the CAP BB before you quit events completely, being "allied biased" and all...

Spare us the holier-than-thou.  You piped up and complained as fast as anybody else in AH about setups YOU didnt like, and any # of other issues as well that concerned you when you actually played the game. I didnt see you practicing your new found etiquette then.

Doesn't IL-2 have a BB?
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24