Author Topic: killing bombers  (Read 723 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
killing bombers
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 02:56:40 PM »
Bostons and the Japanese buffs (ki67?) I haven't really studied these like I have the ones above. I usually just 'default' to the high slashing attack on these.

You should study them a bit.  Both of these plane types have gun "Blind spots" that will enable you to kill them at your leisure, w/out receiving return fire.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: beet1e
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 03:31:35 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
beet1e im gonna show 68aces that film for ya and i think ill create a new post. good job though!:aok
OK, better edit out my evil laugh! 68aces did have the good grace to give me an :aok

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
killing bombers
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2004, 04:30:49 PM »
That evil laught make you a good candidate for the Abbeville dweeb ... errr kids :p

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
killing bombers
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 04:33:49 PM »
Originally posted by CavemanJ
Bostons and the Japanese buffs (ki67?) I haven't really studied these like I have the ones above.  I usually just 'default' to the high slashing attack on these.

all other tips ok, but my tip is NEVER come in high on a KI67......its 20mm cannon (i think) in the top turret will turn any plane into a fireball without wings........

Host: Overlag has landed 7 victories in Ki67 ;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
killing bombers
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 07:14:05 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
You should study them a bit.  Both of these plane types have gun "Blind spots" that will enable you to kill them at your leisure, w/out receiving return fire.

Yes, I should.  But I've gotten lazy :aok

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
killing bombers
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 07:36:50 PM »
My favorite tactic is to fly straight and level.  Set up so that your flight path is perpendicular to the bombers(Make sure you're going reasonably fast), but so that you'll cross thier flight path only a moment after the bomber passes.  You get a beautiful point blank shot on the bombers, while forcing the gunner to continually have to track you in thier sights.