Author Topic: A suggestion, a request  (Read 378 times)

storch

A suggestion, a request
« on: May 24, 2004, 07:18:25 PM »
Would it be possible to turn the ack lethality to it's lowest possible setting and harden the fleets/ SBs to the maximum setting?

Here is my reasoning.

1. The USN will be able to position it's fleets in close proximity allowing them the ability to capture the bases they need to capture.  They will be able to land without the rediculously hard to kill ack messing up their landings.  The only way they can be stopped is by IJF players in machines.

2. It will allow the IJF to mount realistic attacks on the subject fleets.  The IJF may be able to deliver it's ord.  but it would have to be in volumous quantities and by skilled players.  they may get through ack but it would need to be a plethora of direct hits for kills.  I believe this will roughly have the same outcome as now but with more enjoyable play for all hands.

3. The timid players will no longer be able to hide under the long arm of unrealistic ack.  You will fight and I will kill you er you will do your best and improve your skills.

Just a thought that made a short and uneventful trip across my mind, flame away.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
A suggestion, a request
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 08:01:10 PM »
This is my first request:

Storch meet me in the DA Get an F4U-1D, I will get the N1K2J. Then we will see who needs to improve thier skills.
YOu cant boom and zoom and you cant extend. You must use your ACM skills.

No shane not you :p

Actually this goes for anyone but shane. Shane, I would just bore you to death.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 08:03:15 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

storch

A suggestion, a request
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 08:05:09 PM »
What on earth are you talking about?

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
A suggestion, a request
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 08:14:13 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
This is my first request:

Storch meet me in the DA Get an F4U-1D, I will get the N1K2J. Then we will see who needs to improve thier skills.
YOu cant boom and zoom and you cant extend. You must use your ACM skills.

No shane not you :p

Actually this goes for anyone but shane. Shane, I would just bore you to death.
:confused:
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
A suggestion, a request
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 08:24:50 PM »
musta read something wrong, oh well

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A suggestion, a request
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 10:19:08 PM »
Somebody needs a hug...

storch

A suggestion, a request
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 10:27:40 PM »
or a hysterectomy:rofl

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
A suggestion, a request
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 09:46:46 AM »
Not a bad idea at all Storch. I dont know wtf Hawk is talking about but Ill go to the DA when ever. Maybe some of us regulars should meet there regularly and share our knowledge?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A suggestion, a request
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 11:08:01 AM »
I have been helping some of the CT guys in the TA, and they seemed to have enjoyed it.

I dont claim to be any kind of "hotshot" but I'll share what little knowledge I have with anyone that wants it. Any time someone from either side would like me to go to the TA and work on something, I'll be happy to go.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
A suggestion, a request
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 05:34:57 PM »
I didnt mean anything bad by it. Basicly what slash said. I may try to fly in the DA and TA a little as a cooling down period.

SEAs are too short and the CT is too furballish. I want 24 our history. We had it in WarBirds Historic Arena. Just figured HTC could out do his old friends with Aces High ;)