Author Topic: CTD on a long B17 Flight  (Read 207 times)

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
CTD on a long B17 Flight
« on: July 20, 2004, 11:02:46 PM »
I had flown about 30 minutes in B17s and was at 16000 feet, I had dropped all of my ord, doors were closed and I was headed home.

I was watching a p51 approaching me from my tail gun... he took his time and when he was firmly convinced I wasn't looking (let him up to d600) I opened up on him hard... I got hit sprites and everything seemed normal, my last shot hit is wing tip and then I was on my windows desktop.

This was about 750k points worth of strat score I lost... I don't get many CTD in this game, but what awful timing

Just FYI, there were no programs running in the backround or in the systray.

I had 100 megs of memory remaining available after my 92megs of preloaded textures (511megs total system ram)

Video memory was not taxed, I was running great framerate and had at least25 megs available in the video card (128meg card details in the signature)

I am completely baffled by this CTD.  And torqued too.  That was a lot of flying just to have some P51 pilot thinking 'that wimp logged out because he was about to get burned'...

Not that 6 .50 cals in any serious threat to 36 .50 cals.  But still, that was a great run ruined by some annoying bug.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
CTD on a long B17 Flight
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 07:29:43 PM »
bombers seem bugged right now

i bet he CTD'ed too
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37