Author Topic: How is the AH2 Editor coming?  (Read 559 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
How is the AH2 Editor coming?
« on: July 10, 2004, 09:22:13 AM »
Will there be a beta version?

We want to start experimenting with the tiles and objects.

:D
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 11:00:29 AM »
One thing I think no mapmaker realizes. I was talking to Hitech and IF you change even a small thing like a tree shape the Standard shape of the original tree has hard coded in the shape for collision porposes. IF you change the shape it still retains the original collision shape. Thats probably why it is taking sometime to do. Theres alot of "behind the scenes" stuff we have no clue about, or even know what is involved. Thats why if you reskinned a tree and reshape the alpha tile with it, you'll notice the shape still retains some of the original shape ( looks like the BMP is cut off). Now we are only talking about a tree, imagine all the stuff at an airfield. Thats why HTC really didn't want mapmakers to redesign the fields, Atleast in the early days of making maps this was the case.

NUTTZ

Offline DeathWish

• Zinc Member
      • http://anarchyclan.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 09:51:16 PM »
Well, I see the problem there, but when can we expect it to release? Can we get a rough estimate? Even if it can be said with in the next three months...:p

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 01:11:09 AM »
Ok delete this option of field redesign.......

WE NEED TERRAIN EDITOR

There is no CT without new terrains.......
There is no SEA without new terrains........

HTC - do you think about customers????????

You told it will take about two weeks.....
they over.........
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 01:22:47 AM »
I would rather have something of high quality than something just slapped together.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 03:07:36 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
I would rather have something of high quality than something just slapped together.

AHI TE had huge number of bugs - but it worked and allowed to build terrains.......

I prefere to fly at histirical terrain when playing BoB, PTO or other setups.... and not to wait for perfect TE

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 06:05:28 AM »
Hey guys…

Artik, that would be the beta we’d like to play with and just maybe we could come up with something useful in the process while reaching for Raptor’s goal. :)

What Nuttz says makes sense for 2.0.x versions of AH2 and that’s really bad news for players wanting stability and map makers wanting their toy back.  It opens the game up to a whole new round of sorting bugs as it will require a patch on our FE to read the new data base as well as producing the new TE.

So… it looks like we need another beta arena for testing the new FE or at least a separate beta version we can test offline.  Maybe get a beta TE as well at the same time? :cool:

What da ya say htc?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 09:19:56 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the terrain editor isn't even in development yet. The last I heard all they had was a terrain converter.

Be patient....It'll come sooner or later. :)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 10:23:27 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
If I'm not mistaken, the terrain editor isn't even in development yet. The last I heard all they had was a terrain converter.

Be patient....It'll come sooner or later. :)

You know - play AH not for MA furballs.....
I like CT, I like SEA....

If it is the relation HTC gives to its customers....
I afraid AH gonna finish its life like other games that had great sucess and then.............

I want to see new terrains at SEA and CT.
You can't play Guadalcanal/BoB or others at Trinity or Pizza map....

I do not care of MA I want play game I like - otherwise.... maybe I should close the account....... (I not gonna do it because of BoB scenario that will be soon)

It is really disapointing the relation we get from HTC in all connected to events......

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 11:06:06 AM »
Calm down Artik:lol

You missed Pyro's post in the General Forum reguarding the TE, "Yes, that is a high priority but there are some changes and new additions that need to be done to it first."

I think anything not from one of the htc guys is just rumor.  No offense to anyone here.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline sb1086

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 08:31:10 PM »
One thing I've learned in life man, RUSH something, and its fubar.
WAIT for it, and its perfect.
Personally I'd rather wait for the terrains to come out and be right than launch off the deck of a destroyer, because the map was put togeather in a day.