Author Topic: Some MA Stats to Chew On  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Some MA Stats to Chew On
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2004, 01:22:05 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
ORrrrr.......mebbe more rooks have jobs;

Yup, that's exactly right.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Some MA Stats to Chew On
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 01:24:45 PM »
Do these same stats for September camp after school is back in, I bet Bishops hours played goes WAY down.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Some MA Stats to Chew On
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2004, 02:19:01 PM »
GD - looking over the numbers for squads with 20+ pilots:

BISHOPS:
2 supersquads -  Birds of Prey (2 squads), 418 Sqn RCAF Hornets (2 squads)

KNIGHTS:
3 supersquads - USMC (2 squads),  The Damned Air Group (2 squads), MAW (2 squads)

ROOKS:
2 supersquads - 81st (2 squads), 4 Wing (2 squads)

Elements of supersquads that had less the 20 pilots I excluded from the analysis.  The data is there but I didn't go digging up the hours online data for <20 pilot squads.

GD - you had posted some other stats and analysis not too long ago regarding all this.  What data did you have to work with?  Was wondering if you had info from about 10/02 - 11/02 timeframe.  I'm doing some crunching for that period since that was when the Rooks were in the barrel at the time.

Zanth - I talked with HT and I don't think they analyze the data like this.  They could but really don't have a need to.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Some MA Stats to Chew On
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2004, 02:49:47 PM »
dtango, you left out our 3rd wing, which is only 3 members but it brings our total to 65 members in AH2, out of 65 members 31 members have not flown even 1 sortie this month, so as I said only about 1/2 or so fly and if we lucky 1/3 of our squad is active as in flying more than 1 sortie a week.  I think the real key would be how active the members of each country are, not really how many a country has.

If everyone in the Damned was active and flew say 5+ hrs a week minimum, you would see a great change in the balance of numbers, that can apply to all squads in AH as well.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Some MA Stats to Chew On
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2004, 03:03:30 PM »
TC -

CC - I didn't go looking through the other 400 squadrons to find the other elements of "supersquads".  I left the other parts of the Nightmares out for instance.

From what I can tell the Bishop have the most active pilots online at 15 hours per pilot over 20 days.  2nd are the Knights at 14 hours.  Last are the Rooks at 13 hours.

The squad avg hours online breakdown is even more interesting - Bishops and Knights are equal at about 380 hours per squad with rooks in the 340 hours per squad range.

Tango, XO
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 03:06:36 PM by dtango »
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Some MA Stats to Chew On
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2004, 03:26:09 PM »
Dtango,

The Colombo award is yours this month, well deserved.

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
Some MA Stats to Chew On
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2004, 04:48:26 PM »
Originally posted by dtango
Ah - forgot 1 more stat which goes along with the head-scratcher regarding the hours online difference.

Of squads in the 20-32 member range, Average Hours Online per Squadron are:

BISHOPS:
379 hours per squadron

KNIGHTS:
372 hours per squadron

ROOKS:
338 hours per squadron

Tango, XO

Thanks for all the stats. I actually enjoy seeing some real data surrounding this issue. It looks like Rook squads spend less time in the air (but show up with greater numbers when they do). This is probably indicitave of the Rook reality I experience which is squad nights and Rook RJO's. A lot of the Rook squads fly together for specific evenings. This is not a surprise to me.