Author Topic: waffles sounds  (Read 303 times)

Offline piercer

• Zinc Member
waffles sounds
« on: September 21, 2004, 12:56:41 AM »
http://www.speedgeezers.com/~aceshigh/

I did as instructed..but no sound.  I never took the sound files out of the individual planes folders though.....

Is that what im doing wrong?

I want to ask before I go wasting my time iincase they dont work outright.

Cheers all

Dropper

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
waffles sounds
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 02:23:23 AM »
hey Piercer - make sure you dont' have a "sounds" folder inside of a "sounds" folder - if that makes sense.

Basically, if downloading from Dok's site, Create a folder named "sounds" on your desktop. Now for each of the files you downloaded, extract them to the sounds folder you created on the desktop. (if you want, you can extract them to the different folders for each file you downloaded. IE "folder1", "folder2" ect......)

If you extracted to four individual folders - goto each extracted folder and copy, then paste into the "sounds" folder you created on your desktop.

So now you should have a folder labelled "sounds" on your desktop. Within this folder there should be folders labelled with different planes and ground vehicles. There should also be some .wav files in there as well. Inside each folder labelled with planes/gvs there should be wav files.

Ok - now goto your ah2 directory using the "my computer" steps - whichever allows you to see the file system.

In the AH2 directory - you should see a folder named "sounds".
Right click this folder and rename it to "soundsdefault"

Now, copy the "sounds" folder from the desktop and paste into the AH2 directory.

reboot or restart Ah2.

You should be all good to go.

Actually - just reread your post - you need to take all the files out of the 4 folders and put them into one folder labelled "sounds". See above :) good luck with it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 02:34:58 AM by Waffle »

Offline piercer

• Zinc Member
Ah...thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 11:17:51 AM »
Yes...Thats what I did without realising..I never took the sounds out of the download folder....

Geezz...Must be the flying upside down that had an affect on me.

Thanks for the sounds..and your help!

Dropper