Author Topic: CV command time limit.  (Read 524 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
CV command time limit.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 09:53:17 PM »
WTG Oboe, that's definitly a good idea!
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
CV command time limit.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 10:01:34 PM »
Oboe said it how it is!  great idea
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
CV command time limit.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 10:52:10 PM »
Hehehehe how about a "CV ownership Openbid"? :D

Each guy who wants to control a CV pays a perk price. When somebody comes along and 'bids' a higher price, he will lose the control of the CV, but returned the perks he paid.

The more people argue who's gonna drive the CV, the more perks are in the bet! :D

And the best part is, if an enemy comes along and sinks the CV, he'll collect the bid amount of perks as a prize! :D The guy who got the CV sunk, will lose the perks he bid to control!

Seriously, I like oboe's idea.

It demands a penalty for the player for his poor judgement, and we all know there's plenty of those hanging around Task Groups. It's quite interesting to see that some people just can't grasp the idea of 'retreat'. They seem to think the CV travels in one direction or something.

So how about paying perks, a set amount of perks for TG control?

When a player wants to control a TG he will pay 5 fighter + 5 bomber + 5 vehicle perks.

Think about it guys.. the TG, is in someway, a huge perk vehicle complete with automatic defense systems, manual 5" guns, a 9" main gun, portable radar system, and extreme durability. Like all the perk vehicles in the game, it should be used sparingly and wisely.

The 'responsibility' will stay with him for a certain time even if he retires command - say 10 minutes - so he can't just exit the control when he sees bombers approaching.

If somebody with higher ranks comes along, he will lose control of the CV, but be returned the 15 combined perks, and also be free of the responsibility. The new admiral will pay the same 15 combined perks, and immediately assume the 'responsibility'.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
CV command time limit.
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 01:22:04 AM »
I like that idea oboe.      
   The perk price sounds intresting but some of these score mongers have loads of perkies to waist on cv's. For now though oboes idea is so simple and sweet. Although this would not prevent people from just adding a point to the cv path and geting it sunk and I would hate for someone who was just trying to turn the CV out of the way of bombers to be penilized.
  Maybe if you give the cv a command by taking command you will be resposible for said cv and penilized as stated above.
But if you just give the cv a waypoint command you will not be penilized untill your last way point has gone unchanged for X amout of time say 5 min. This way if you were just trying to avoid bombs and the cv got sunk anyway you would not be penilized. Then after the 5 min grace period ends a second timer starts counting down say 10 min, in those 10 min you had better stick with your cv and keep and eye on where it's going unless someone else changes it's path first. If the timer runs out and cv is still up it will then become neutral until given a new command.

Hmm just an after thought but I think there should be a 10 min timer for anyone who took command of the cv and gave up command so they would only be responsible for it 10 min after giving up command unless a new command is given by someone else. Ya know some people just take command to try getting cv out of trouble.:)

Well got a little long winded on this one but I was just trying to come up with a well thought out idea. My brain hurts now.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
CV command time limit.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 10:04:38 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
Or maybe the last person to command the CV before it was sunk doesn't get to command it any more until a reset/end of tour.

That might make people stop and think a little before sending it on a suicide drive.

what happens when someone tries to save said CV from noob and it sinks bad idea there , timer a good one though.
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
CV command time limit.
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 10:39:03 AM »
yep, the captain must be on the boat or in radio range,  but i like rank idea in controling CVs, most of the players with high rank know the game, don't keep Cvs at PTs spawn, or move them in attack when the base port is lost, and know how and when to turn it.
PS.  Birdo knows this game , maybe was bussy or something
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 10:42:05 AM by ghi »