Author Topic: Yay! i got a ch fighter stick + pedals for xmas...  (Read 827 times)

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Yay! i got a ch fighter stick + pedals for xmas...
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
have been using a 12 year old set of thrustmaster pedals and an old analog CH Pro Throttle and Combat Stick. They work good but I can't use them in XP.

posted by mark

if ya wana get rid of those pedals im interested, i might be able to hot wire em into my sidewinder.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 12:45:27 PM »
Originally posted by Mark Luper
I got the same thing for Christmas Thrila. My wife let me order mine from Buy.com this past Friday. All USB. I can now upgrade my operating system to WinXP Pro. I am really looking forward to it. I have been using a 12 year old set of thrustmaster pedals and an old analog CH Pro Throttle and Combat Stick. They work good but I can't use them in XP.

there is a workaround for using analog controls in WindowsXP try this following link:

CH XP boot utility
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2004, 08:03:36 AM »
Originally posted by Mark Luper
I got the same thing for Christmas Thrila. My wife let me order mine from Buy.com this past Friday. All USB. I can now upgrade my operating system to WinXP Pro. I am really looking forward to it. I have been using a 12 year old set of thrustmaster pedals and an old analog CH Pro Throttle and Combat Stick. They work good but I can't use them in XP.

I've been running my old analog CH stuff in WINXp for over a year...works fine. Only problem is if I want to change the programing on the throttle or stick....programs don't work in XP, so I just re assign stuff in the game.... and much cheaper too  :)

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2004, 08:57:45 AM »
Originally posted by RTR
To be fair, I think what Schaden means is that when you input a pedal, the body of the aircraft actually slides to the opposite of the pedal, causing the nose to yaw in the same direction as the pedal.

So, left pedal will cause the tail to swing to the right, and the nose to swing to the left.

Semantics.

I find it easier though to explain it as  yaw in the direction of the pedal. Less confusing.

Cheers, and hope Santa was good to you all :)
(oops just reread TC's post..I am redundant.....again hehe)
RTR

what he said....I used mine so long I couldn't remember it just sort of happens.....

Offline TheCage

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2004, 01:30:56 PM »
Eilif check here for how to build your own rudder peddals.

Troy's How to Build Rudder Peddals

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2004, 06:16:32 PM »
hmm, i also got a joystick for christmas, and im not to sure why everyone keeps saying using a mouse is harder...with the mouse i get the following benefits

1. veiw system is much easier to use
2. rudder(s) stay where you put them, rather than swinging back to 0
3. slightly more comfortable, and no threat of breakdown, or if it does die its only 5 bucks for a replacement...

aiming seems easier with the stick though...

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2004, 09:27:45 AM »
If you need any help try posting here. It's a community site I run for CH users where you'll also find profiles for many of the popular games and sims around including Aces High. I created some profiles a while back that may help you get up and running quickly here. The profile uses a .cmc file which includes all the commands for a given game so that when you come to map them out on the buttons they are just a click away so you don't have to remember the actual keypress required. It makes it easier to take an existing profile and modify it.

Merry Christmas all

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004, 09:34:37 AM »
Originally posted by Revvin
If you need any help try posting here. It's a community site I run for CH users where you'll also find profiles for many of the popular games and sims around including Aces High. I created some profiles a while back that may help you get up and running quickly here. The profile uses a .cmc file which includes all the commands for a given game so that when you come to map them out on the buttons they are just a click away so you don't have to remember the actual keypress required. It makes it easier to take an existing profile and modify it.

Merry Christmas all

Revvin's site is a goldmine if you own CH gear. Many experts that will bend over backwards to help solve any problem be it hardware, software, or programming.

<> Revvin
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 11:33:37 AM »
Thanks Slapshot

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2005, 03:51:05 PM »
When I did read this post last week I was smiling thinking how it will be easy to get a kill on Thrila :p

But it appear Santa was late ...
I'm fighting with/against the very same setup now :D