Author Topic: Were is the Sherman and Pershing ??  (Read 724 times)

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Were is the Sherman and Pershing ??
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 10:33:28 AM »
You know we do have a tank battle every week with no airplanes involved.

The T-34 is a damn fine piece of Armour if you know how too use it!

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 01:21:40 PM »
Originally posted by 1Klink
You know we do have a tank battle every week with no airplanes involved.

Where's that?

Originally posted by 1Klink
The T-34 is a damn fine piece of Armour if you know how too use it!

Could you give me some pointers one how to take on a Tiger please?  I've fired dozens and dozens of shells into Tigers at point blank range and so far have failed to scratch the paint.

I have more luck against Panzers, but only if I am at point blank range or if I get a perpendicular hit on the turret.

PS to those who say this is a flight sim only: try counting those in GVs- I did once and estimated that something like 20% to 30% of those logged on were in GVs.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Were is the Sherman and Pershing ??
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 01:39:11 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
when they finish adding the hardpoints for the 10 rockets and 2k bombs?

For a ground war? Don't need 'em for a Mano y Mano dogfight.
:D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: Were is the Sherman and Pershing ??
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 01:56:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gorf

YES I know the Sherman was out classed by the Germans tanks but when people think WWI -- US -- Tanks.. "SHERMAN" pops to mind.  It was a staple ground vehicle and used everywere.

Anyway,  when is HTC going to bring in some good US tanks..

Nobody would drive it unless they liked to watch it burn...from the inside. The Sherman was used everywhere because the Tankers had no other choice. They would have been in Tigers and Panzers if they could.

The "good" US tanks didn't come until after WWII except in small numbers at the end of the war.

The Tank Destroyer would probably be a better option but I think they would become as useless as the Osti after an aircraft strafeing run.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 02:20:38 PM »
Originally posted by 715
Where's that?

In the DA, not sure what day or time.  :)

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Re: Were is the Sherman and Pershing ??
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 03:14:54 PM »
Originally posted by Gorf
One thing I like about Aces High is how ground vehicles can play such a important role in the game.  The tank battles are fun but HONESTLY, getting tired of see German tanks, if your lucky you may see some looney taking on a Tiger with a M8 but thats rare.
_____________________________ __________________
Won't hesitate to use a M8 for scouting......But I also know it's a one way ticket because anyone with a pee shooter can take it out, hence very few people use it. If HT added the Sherman, and followed Sherman specifications, it too would set in the hanger mostly unused.  Oh sure, evryone would jump in it at first, but then the newness would wear off and be parked right next to the M8..mostly unused.

To put the US in the game as a real counter to the Tiger and Panzers... BRING on the Pershing.  This tank was more then a match for the Tigers and Panzers.
_____________________________ _________________

Yeeeessss, rock and rolll with the Pershing.  Finally found some specs on the Pershing M-26 main battle tank.  1943 - 1955, saw action during the last few months of WW II, and all of Korea.  90 mm main gun, 2 - 30 cal & 1 - 50 cal. machine guns.  Since it did see action during WW II one would think it qualifies to be added to the inventory.  If the Pershing were added I would think it would be perked, like the tiger, and probably higher than the tiger.

Who knows (only HTC knows :lol )

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 04:31:23 PM »
Stang:
"Um, flight sim. Airplanes get priority"

Um, no it's not. If it's a SIMULATION then planes wouldn't do some of the things they do. It's a WWII combat game.

If I fly a bomber, then decide to run to the back of the plane where the tail gun is, the plane now dives to the Earth due to the fact NO ONE IS FLYING IT!!!!!!!  

"Thanks for the input, you are right this is a FLIGHT SIM .. HOWEVER.. we do need a better US tank in the game or the British Firefly"

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 04:49:40 PM »

we hold the GV event weds. night at 8 eastern in the DA.

The way they have the t-34 modeled it will not kill a tiger tank,only track 1.

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 09:52:14 AM »
come on guys you know this is not all about planes and air fights we have just as much gvers on this game as we do fly boys and moil is right its not a flight sim is a sim about WWII and i would love to see some more tanks and AA guns as well as the A10 to the list :aok