Author Topic: 60 second rule  (Read 3477 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
60 second rule
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2005, 05:34:19 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
But the thread is still alive.  

Earlier in the thread, I threw out an idea being discussed.  It was probably lost in the mix.  That being once you see an enemy icon, you have to fight.  There would be no extending, there is no 60sec. rule, you fight until you see no more icon's, then go fly to the closest one, and fight some more.

Opinions?

I still would like to hear from everybody on what they think.

I love this idea. I flew in KOTH for the the 1st 4 months of my AH career(which hasn't been long). In that short amount of time I noticed with every new KOTH people kept getting more and more timid. They'd dive away at the slightest sign of losing advantage or try to draw you into a crowd to make you break off. Heck, I even had a few HO attempts off the 1st merge. I loved the first 1 or 2 I attended but after that, to me, it quickly lost it's charm. I think the above idea would be great. I've always thought of KOTH as a test of your ability in ACMs as well as SA. I just use to enjoy mixing it up with some of the best in the game and seeing how well I did. Now it seems sorta like the MA, with everyone worried about Alt and not wanting to fight someone higher than them. I'm not saying you should fly stupidly and blow your advantages. But if the time comes where you're in trouble, just fight and do your best, it's only a game folker!;)
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
60 second rule
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2005, 01:40:07 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser

Now,  Lute, your idea/theory of having to clear out the area you are in of all planes is an interesting one? the thing is I thought that is what KOTH has always been about to begin with, and is how I normally have flown the events.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
60 second rule
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2005, 02:49:45 AM »
Here is my hesitation on the "have to fight enemies in icon range" issue.

One thing that makes the KOTH great is flexability.  I don't want to see the events rules so rigid, that we are forcing players to fight a certain style, or way.

I like the fact that we have all differant styles of fighting.  I enjoy the different and contrasting styles of various players, and that is what the KOTH Team is trying to preserve/support.  My opinion is LESS IS MORE as far as rules are concerned.  I don't want to have to type 10 wall o' text posts to explain to a player the rule system.  Needs to be easy.

Currently the KOTH team has made two changes to the rules.  The 6k alt cap (which we like) and we added "either be in a fight, or heading to a fight at all times" in the MOTD/Rules.  So far, going by EKOTH it worked out great.  We only had one "issue" in the whole time it was flown.  

We are kicking around changing the 60 sec rule, and the KOTH Team will post about that soon.  

Rest assured that we want the King of the Hill to stay about as close to how it has been that past years BigMax has hosted it.  It's just now BigMax has two other people to kick around ideas with, and we are tweaking some that needed tweaking.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit