Author Topic: Jurasic Park III  (Read 641 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Jurasic Park III
« on: July 22, 2001, 11:30:00 PM »
I shoulda went with my better judgement on this one.  I guess the opening credit was a dead giveaway:

Jurasic Park

<suspensefull music>

III

I wasn't sure it was going to pop the "III" up... and boy, when it did, it sure scared me.  :rolleyes:

The movie itself wasn't really bad... but it wasn't really good either.  It just was.

The funny part was the end.  The credits started rolling and everyone said "is that it?"

Wait for it to come out on cable.

AKDejaVu

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2001, 12:19:00 AM »
I agree completely, looked like they had some left over dino's laying around and through together a story to work them in.
Basically the same old formula-you get stuck on an island with dino's, superficial characters get eaten, good guys get away.
It didn't really suck but I can't believe I forgot 'Score' was out.

apathy

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2001, 05:56:00 AM »
Tomb Raider was just as bad... I mean god.... The only good part was when she got out of the shower at the begining... I mean, the film was not bad, it was just... Well, Predictable and nothing that the world had not seen before. Didn't really engrose me in any way.

I mean, At least Pearl Harbour got you thinking even if it was inacurate.

Have not seen Jurasic Park 3, and now that you have said that, I don't think I am going to...

For those who have seen tomb raider, didn't you find it funny when she ran out of the colapsing cave at the end? Well, Bounced is more the word..

Made me laugh anyway

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Betown:

I mean, At least Pearl Harbour got you thinking even if it was inacurate.

The only thing I thought after watching Pearl Harbor was "3 hours for this????"

The most wasted money I've ever spent in a movie. That defines PH for me.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by R4M:

The only thing I thought after watching Pearl Harbor was "3 hours for this????"

The most wasted money I've ever spent in a movie. That defines PH for me.

funny, when I watched JP III I was the exact opposite...  $5 for 90 minutes of THIS???  hehe, let's take about 45 minutes off of PH and give them to JP III.  

I'm weird, I actually enjoyed PH...   :o
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »
I enjoyed ph also. And you can say what you want about effects and flight scenes. imo the best scene of the whole movie was the champagne cork to the nose. "It hurts, it hurts something fierce" ROFLMAO

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: capt. apathy ]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2001, 06:05:00 PM »
I only liked the second movie. There's something about a T-Rex rampaging through the streets that brings out the Calvin in me  ;)  :D

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2001, 08:12:00 AM »
PH to me was Titanic with explosions.

Oh well, at least it helped me get laid.

:D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
LOL Tac!

PH was pitiful IMO, just rented Tora Tora Tora for 5 days, Geeman watched it twice a day, much better movie than PH (and ironically, they had the black steward manning a gun, and a pair of brothers who took off in P40 warhawks, imagine that!)

JP3, Geeman REALLY wants to see this, but at 5 1/2...I'm afraid I'd have to put diapers back on him for the movie.. :)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
JP3, Geeman REALLY wants to see this, but at 5 1/2...I'm afraid I'd have to put diapers back on him for the movie..  :)

Somebody brought young kids to the JP3 show I was at.  After the first 10 minutes of dinosaurs wrecking havoc on the screen, 2 of the poor kids were crying their eyes out saying "I wanna go home!!!  I'm scared!!"  Sad thing is the parents waited about 5 minutes or so to see if the kids would calm down... INSIDE the theater.  It was not very respectful of the rest of us who paid to see the movie, let alone kinda mean to do to the scared children.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
Yep, I can remember the trauma at age 5 of just watching the black and white movie "The Mummy"...no way would I subject my kids to something as scary as that at such a young age...to each his own...Geeman did see Pearl Harbor, but only after a thorough brief, and de-briefing of what we saw...one must define reality vs make believe at a young age, or I suspect one could end up with a couple of kids ready to re-enact "Doom" at their local highschool.

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2001, 02:37:00 AM »
I sorta liked PH, but nobody else in the theatre did. I mean how could they? I was pointing out every historical inaccuracy made.

I mean good god, the only WWII ship outside the Lex was the USS Texas, and it was multiplied to play every dang BB and cruiser in every scene of the attack...and the use of the Ma Duce! Blah! And there was no oil in the water! Tora Tora Tora got that part much better.

Heh.  :)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Jurasic Park III
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »
Hell, PH was just another attempt to make money off of a historical occurance.

As for JP3, it was ok, not great but ok. Still doesn't beat the original. I still think the whole damn fiasco could have been avoided. I could tell that the idiot pilot had plenty of speed to get off the ground but he decided he'd wait till the dino crossed the runway before freaking out and yanking the stick.

The cell phone bit was funny though....