Author Topic: Idea, plane performance adjustable per set-up.  (Read 412 times)

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
Idea, plane performance adjustable per set-up.
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:48:22 AM »
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but this is the idea I just had:

Currently people are very happy with AvA, in part because of the well matched planesets. Some people, including me have expressed concern that this might change when one side has less able rides.

Has it ever been considered to make the set-up designers able to change the parameters of the aircraft to a certain extent themselves? Most emphatically not to satisfy the people who get worked up because of the fact that their favourite ride is undermodelled, but to get to a more interesting scenario, more fun.

We could for example:

Restore the G-14's top speed at alt.
'Remove' the flame dampers of the Mosquito.
Make the 190 shed weight.

If a side can't compete, despite even numbers and skill levels (and some historic evidence that the set-up was indeed matched of course), the parameters for plane performance could be shifted slighty towards their favour.

A can imagine a million problems but it is a fact that some planes seem to be undermodelled and people want to change that and want it badly. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to at least tweak performance a little bit and still remain within the borders of realism? I do not want a 390mph on the deck Hurri ;)

I admit that this all sound a bit too close to 'write your own flight sim' but wouldn't it be great if we could adjust, just for the sake of a scenario, the Fw-190A5 so that it is as good a match for our Spit IX as the Spit I is for the 109E?

YES, I know that a lot of people do very well in LW stuff and I also realise that people will constantly want to try to adjust a plane just that little bit further to their advantage. But if a small group of enthousiast could agree on e.g. shedding 200lbs from the 190 for a frame and see how that works out, wouldn't that be great?

Well, enough ranting... what do you think?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »
None of that is even remotely possible.

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »
Well, I wouldn't know, that's why I'm asking :D

Basically it would give the players some room to adjust the FM. And I don't think it is likely that HTC would give us that... but it would be nice.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »
ignore krusty.

i think its a really good idea, but unfortunately not possible at the moment. great idea for wishlist forum!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:12:20 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
ignore krusty.

i think its a really good idea, but unfortunately not possible at the moment. great idea for wishlist forum!

If you ignore me, you have to ignore pooface, he said the same thing I did. But he added an insult to me in the process. Makes no sense.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Idea, plane performance adjustable per set-up.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 01:31:24 PM »
Originally posted by hogenbor
I admit that this all sound a bit too close to 'write your own flight sim' but wouldn't it be great if we could adjust, just for the sake of a scenario, the Fw-190A5 so that it is as good a match for our Spit IX as the Spit I is for the 109E?

Hogie. Try the FW-190A5 with just the two cannon loadout instead of the four cannons. You'd be suprised how well it can fight with a Spit V.  I flew it that way back in my LW days , and didnt sweat the spits. You might also talk to some of JG54s 190 Experten Tbaron, Wildesau, and Tankman, spend a lot of time in 190s. :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 01:33:16 PM »
Bad idea.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
If you ignore me, you have to ignore pooface, he said the same thing I did. But he added an insult to me in the process. Makes no sense.

'none of that is even remotely possible'

its not about what you say krusty, its about how you say it. that quote above sounds almost hostile, and you do it everywhere, which is why people get into arguments with you, because they think you're attacking them. you gotta be more pilote in the way you say things. im sure lots of people will agree with me

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »
if someone cannot take another POV without taking it personally then who is to blame? krusty? or the person that can't take his view?

most of what i hate about the world is that 'sugar coating' and 'using the right words' (bullchitting) will get you further than being blatant and honest.

dont listen krusty, and dont change. there are those that respect honesty as well as those that reject it.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »
all i was saying is that krusty often does the same thing, he says something, but it comes out as though it was slightly hostile. i know krusty, he's a nice guy, and i now that he isnt trying to be hostile, im just saying that sometimes it can feel as though he is, and many other people have commented on the same thing

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 02:49:33 PM »
I don't listen to anything Storch says, not because how or what he says, but because he really, REALLY stinks as a pilot........

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 03:10:18 PM »
LMFAO @ Stringer

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 04:03:36 AM »
Don't hijack my thread with petty arguments about being polite or just being direct ;) I am not insulted (yet). And even I was, I'm a grown up man, I can handle it.

If you like or dislike the idea I want to know, but also WHY. Not if it is because you didn't think of it first or if I shot you down last night. All other reasons I am prepared to listen to.

Btw, I have flown the A5 and I think I can handle Spit V's. But it should be capable of dealing with IX's too. Maybe I'll switch to Axis later to sharpen my LW skills a bit.