Author Topic: Israel: How to get rid of Palestinians.  (Read 2058 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Israel: How to get rid of Palestinians.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
double post

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: miko2d ]

Offline koala

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2001, 02:40:00 AM »
Well, argue all you want folks (ad nauseum).

Doesn't matter.  There will be no peace in the Middle East in our lifetimes.  Ain't gonna happen.

Offline Peer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
The terror-regime of the German Democratic Republic falled in my lifetime and Germany became reunited.

The terror-regime of the Soviet Union falled in my lifetime.

The terror-regime of the Apartheid-system of South-Africa falled in my lifetime.

So why shouldn´t also the terror-regime of  Isreal fall during my lifetime?
 ;)

Offline JackT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
I am certainly not an expert on this sort of thing, but it seems that the Israeli citizens are in a constant fear that some goof ball is going to blow them up. They can't go to anywhere without fear. So! I say, the palestinians are waging war...give it to them! Why popsiclefoot around???? Blow the bastards to hell and back...and if their arab buddies want some...give it to them ! ! !

How long are the decent people of this world going to be held hostage by a bunch of extremists who have no value for human life???

They want a war...GIVE IT TO THEM! ! ! then maybe when it is over, we can have some peace in the middle east.

screw those rag headed bastiches ! ! !

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Peer:
The terror-regime of the German Democratic Republic falled in my lifetime...
The terror-regime of the Soviet Union falled in my lifetime...
The terror-regime of the Apartheid-system of South-Africa falled in my lifetime...
So why shouldn´t also the terror-regime of  Isreal fall during my lifetime?
  ;)

Because in the the first three cases the authoritarian regime oppressed its own citizens in with no threat from outside.

In case of Israel, the regime in no way opresses the citisens inside the state. Quite opposite, the constant and real external threat is keeping the multifaceted society united as no other country.

Israeli citizens have no reason to overthrow their regime right now, but whenever they wish to do so, they conduct elections.

As for outside threat, combined arab world  cannot currenly defeat them through conventional military means even if they put aside their mutual hatreds (remember same palestinians participating and supporting  mr. Hussein in his invasion of kuwaitis?) and few would consider exchanging nuclear strikes with Israel on behalf of palestinians.

Also, Israeli economy currently develops faster then other countries in the region, so they are getting stronger, not weaker relative to their surroundings.
 If they pull it off for another fifty years, the surrounding arab countries may run out of oil and go back to the status of third-rank countries they had before WWII. That may happen even sooner if Israelis come up with good way to use solar energy. I wonder if they already have done so and kept it under wraps due to a secret agreement with arabs or as a threat for the future.

Some say that US can stop supporting Israel economically and militarily (arms sales), but that is highly unlikely - Israel can definitely live without US money. As for military hardware, China, Russia and few other countries would only be happy to trade with Israel in exchange for their technology wich would inconvenience US much more in the long run.

Time will tell, but Israel seems pretty stable to me for the time being.

miko

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
Heh first I thought this "Jack" was serious but then I remembered where he too his nickname  :D

"Darling! Light of my life! I'm not gonna hurt you. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the diddly in!"

"Do you have the slightest idea what a moral and ethical responsibility means?"

And my personal favourite:
"Here's Johnny!"

Nice troll anyway.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jack_Torrance:
I am certainly not an expert on this sort of thing, but it seems that the Israeli citizens are in a constant fear that some goof ball is going to blow them up. They can't go to anywhere without fear.
That not entirely true. Even with drastic drop in crime over the last decade (due to effects of legalising abortion in 1973 and other minor factors), you are statisticaly safer from violence in Israel then in New York City. Their driving habits is another story...

They want a war...GIVE IT TO THEM! ! ! then maybe when it is over, we can have some peace in the middle east.
 Having an invasion every 15-20 years would be much preferable to israeli military, but agreements with US keep Israel from doing just that in exchange for US good will and cooperation.

miko

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
Miko countries like Israel will fall, sooner or later.
Longer it take the bigger boom they make.

(I didn't knew I'm a poet...)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2001, 04:44:00 PM »
miko2d your arrogance is a lot like israel's.

if you really want what's best for your people tell them a train's coming.

or better yet don't, and let them keep admiring themselves in the mirror and believing that superiority nonsense you preach and find out the hard way when uncle sam lets em fight their own battles some day.

go palestine!

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: mrfish ]

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish:
miko2d your arrogance is a lot like israel's.
 if you really want what's best for your people tell them a train's coming.

They know it very well. There is practically no chance that someone would owerpower their military, but there is a good posibility that sooner or later someone will start a nuke exchange. The problem is they do not have anyplace to go. Do you know of one? They have their backs to the wall - as simple as that.

You can argue that UN should not have given them that territory but it did. Jews coming there after WWII did not have any choice where to go and knew nothing about what expected them and who else lived there.
 Of 1 million russian jews that went to Israel over the 90s, 95% would rather have came to US if it let them.

Same goes for palestinians. Name an arab country that offered citizenship to resident palestinians living in refugee camps for decades or born there. Jordan did that when it signed peace with Israel, IIRC. Any others?

As for the military aid, according to CIA factbook, Israel received $1.1 bil in 1999 with GDB $105 bil the same year. If US cuts Israel off, it will lose that one billion, but it will be able to buy weapons and stuff much cheaper from Russia or China, so it may end up with a profit.
 The quality will not be the same, but how much technology do they need to fight arabs? They only use airstrikes (completely pointless, IMO) because US asks them not to invade. They would be much more efficient with tanks and rifles and they produce those themselves.

miko

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: miko2d ]

Offline Peer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2001, 05:45:00 AM »
Fact is that Israel will not win with its actual politic.

Maybe they could hold the power with their brutal terror for 20 or 40 years - but finally this regime will be wiped out like the racistic-regime of South-Africa.

All the military power of the Israeli Army cant avoid this. So I will wait - as I said before: I saw other terror regimes like the Israeli one falling during my lifetime - and lets hope that his will be one of the next.