Author Topic: Prison system in the U.S.: Life too easy?  (Read 622 times)

-towd_

Prison system in the U.S.: Life too easy?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2001, 06:40:00 PM »
you realize all but a very very few get back out . you treat um like mad dogs they act that way . then they come to you neiborhood and visit. some are smarter and more dangerous than you adverage republican.

treat um well  but like military no play right world of toejam, play right all cool.  

no one wants to go back trust me on this one. loss of freedom is a powerful punishment you dont need more. and some percentage of the people in jail are innocent of their accused crimes why hurt them.

a violent man is like a animal you lock him up to protect yourself (or society) but you dont torture him he is a creature of his nature as much as you or i.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Prison system in the U.S.: Life too easy?
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2001, 12:09:00 AM »
Towd has an excellent point - we must see this not from a personal point of view, but from abn abstract society sort of view.

It's clear that the majority of convicted criminals will serve their time, take the punishment and then get out.

Dehumanize such a person, and you can expect unhuman behaviour when released back out.

Our prison system is far from perfect, and our punishments laughable. Still, one good thing is that inmates aren't reated like lower animals. It's good because in the long run, society saves cash, trouble and energy on it.

Never heard of someone who've been incarcerated caling it a fun easy time, but I guess that depends on what ya have to lose. If someone has very little, this would mean he wouldn't mind risking it.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up space"