Author Topic: Joystick troubles.  (Read 296 times)

Offline Dexy Corp_

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/stfualready
Joystick troubles.
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:05:03 PM »
okay- So i just loaded up Aces High, and I can get the planes in the air and everything, but when Im up there, I dont feel that the plane is getting as much pitch as it should- and when i do pull back on the stick, the plane starts shaking and making these horendous noises... = ( I dont know whats goin on here... any help would be appreciated... = )
(btw- its a Saitek evo)

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Joystick troubles.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:35:34 PM »
You should make sure your stick is calibrated.  If you use the advanced check in the joystick maping, you will see if your stick is moving the full range.

It sound like you are pulling too hard and putting the plane into a stall.  The shaking comes from a stall.  You will need to increase your speed by not climbing so hard.

It may do you some good to get some traing on basic flight.  You will need to understand this well before you will be able to learn air combat.  Have fun with it, and remember that it takes time to get good at it.  

Good luck,

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Joystick troubles.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
ya these things are not jets !  :)  They take awhile to build up some speed... a few minutes at level flight. Look for the speedometer... "air speed indicator" for those purist and wait till its over 200 before working any hard maneuvers. Each maneuver is going to bleed some of your speed away, the harder the maneuver, the more speed bled, so keep an eye on the indicator.

After take off, let the plane climb out for about 5 minutes, then level for a minute. After that do a slow gentle turn to one side or the otherpushing the nose down just a bit. As the field that you took off from comes back into view, level off and build some speed. Once the nose hides the field, push the stick forward to dive at the field. This will really build some speed, and you'll be able to do a number of manuvers with-out to much stalling. If your speed drops below the magic 200 again you will start all over. Learn to keep your plane fast and maneuverable.

Welcome to Aces High!

Offline Dexy Corp_

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/stfualready
thanks guys
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »
thanks- lol- im not much of a pilot yet- but i hope to get there- ive only got about 6 kills under my belt though... lol- total- but yeah... thanks for the help again.