Author Topic: More than 100 MPs sign petition attacking PM  (Read 518 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
More than 100 MPs sign petition attacking PM
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 07:45:47 PM »
Isnt it ironic that the French are eager to be peacekeepers over there, tho?

Finally we can see the French military in , err, action?

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
a small island off the coast of France is going to vote to end the "war" in Lebanon, ok, we will now have "peace in our time".
Well give us a chance, need about 30 years like the US has had to see if we can make it work.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 12:08:06 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Isnt it ironic that the French are eager to be peacekeepers over there, tho?

Finally we can see the French military in , err, action?

Check out their record recently in the Ivory Coast.

France admits Ivory Coast deaths
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 02:03:41 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Didn't that allready happen?  IIRC they kicked the liberals to the curb.

Yes, but now the Conservatives are in the same position the Liberals were in with a minority government.

xrtoronto, Harper has his finger directly on the pulse of the nation...it's just not ours.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 04:11:49 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I never cared for Blair when he was blowing sunshine up clintons a-hole, but I have grown to think he is an above average englishman, although that probably doesnt mean alot.  The brits eat their best PMs like so much crow pie.  Blair will end up like the rest of them.  Bird turds splashed on passing windshields :rolleyes:
Everyone expects conservatives to be hawkish and liberals to be dovish about everything.  After all, that is where their constituencies are 99% of the time.

You also expect political parties to oppose anything the "other side" of the politcal coin is currently advocating.  Regardless of whether the policy or program works or makes sense or not, if it is "your side's" program, you defend it, if it is the "other side's" program, you oppose it.

Which to me says that Tony Blair is the only person you can 100% totally say has been acting on principle throughout the entire "war on terror" instead of out of political expediency.  He is 180 degrees out of phase with the rest of the Libs.

For doing what he believes is right, regardless of political reprocussions, I admire him.  It's a rare thing in a politician, regardless of country.

I wish they were all like him in that regard.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 06:06:01 AM »
Britain is not the power it was and has essentially the same influence on what happens in Lebanon as the Swedes or the Greeks or any other random country of a similar size

"Mr Blair's total identification with the White House has destroyed his influence in Washington, Europe and the Middle East itself; who bothers with the monkey if he can go straight to the organ grinder? "

Sir Rodric Braithwaite

Sir Rodric, who served as chairman of the British joint intelligence committee, was commenting on British Prime Minister Tony Blair
............................. ............................. ............................. ............................

I think Blair is ok, and as caustic as that comment is, there's more than a grain of truth to it.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 06:38:06 AM »
I refuse to make a comment until I hear a response from Micheal Moore, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Hillery Clinton...ohh and Ted Kennedy.

:D

Rock On Israel !!!

Mac