Author Topic: New Perk System  (Read 395 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
New Perk System
« on: January 28, 2007, 04:40:39 AM »
It would be cool if u killed a certain amount of people in a perk ride that it would become free. It would have to vary between rides but i think it should be something considered.. Personally i think it sux that i can get 10+ kills in a chog, die and still lose 10-20perks depending on eny.

IE..

262 - 20kills = Free
163 - 6 kills = Free
Temp - 15 Kills = Free
Spit14 - 10 kills = Free
F4u4 - 8 kills = Free
F4uIC - 7 kills = Free

And in free i mean if you get shot down after getting that amount of kills u dont lose your perks..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
New Perk System
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »
But if you did that, people would be dweebs (or something) and it wouldn't be historically accurate - you don't think that your grandad got his perks back when he was shot down in his -1C  (which he had to take off barefoot up hill through the snow both ways???)

Grue
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
New Perk System
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »
:rofl
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
New Perk System
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 04:50:27 PM »
I already generate far more perk points than I can use - and I don't get to land that much...

How many perks do you have in your account TW9? how many chog sorties can you fly, loosing your plane every single time?

Perks are so easy to get and have so little use that I don't care if I fly a perk ride and loose the perks. They are dirty cheap. I lobbied to perk the P47-N just so I can have something to spend the perks on.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
New Perk System
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:20:27 PM »
Originally posted by bozon
I already generate far more perk points than I can use - and I don't get to land that much...

How many perks do you have in your account TW9? how many chog sorties can you fly, loosing your plane every single time?

Perks are so easy to get and have so little use that I don't care if I fly a perk ride and loose the perks. They are dirty cheap. I lobbied to perk the P47-N just so I can have something to spend the perks on.

Bozon

Apparently, some pilots are better than others. The rest of us mere mortals must scrape perk points together just to up the "fabled" rides, which we aren't very good in and will probably crash the first 5-10 times we up it. Which leads to resentment towards the god-like pilots that can up a 262 and auger whenever they wish, when we loose 6 mos worth of flying points upping a tempest.

I hate you people.

j/k

I've gotten descent in a spit9 in my quest for points. Plus I never get bothered by eny. And if I do get hit by eny, then I can always go to the arena with the fewer rooks (which is the point anyway, I think).

Wow, I'm a babbling fool tonight.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
New Perk System
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 10:21:45 PM »
I think this all about TW being to cheap to spend a buck .

We just gotta start a fund for him .

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
New Perk System
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 03:51:12 AM »
Originally posted by TexInVa
Apparently, some pilots are better than others. The rest of us mere mortals must scrape perk points together just to up the "fabled" rides, which we aren't very good in and will probably crash the first 5-10 times we up it.

I'm far from a great stick and with the few hours a tour I get to play these days, I almost suck. The difference is that I do my killings in P47s (not the N type), mosquitos and Hellcats, which means I actually get perks even if I get shot down - and I do. Often.

You actually have to be a much better pilot in order to get this kind of perks in a spit16 or La7 or one of the other single digit ENYs. If perks is what you want, you don't have to fly planes you hate. Just pick the older models of the plane line that you like. Try the La5 instead of 7. Try the P51B instead of D. Try the 190A5/8 instead of D. etc.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs