Author Topic: Problem with Aces High and Vista  (Read 284 times)

Offline Tibu

• Zinc Member
Problem with Aces High and Vista
« on: March 16, 2007, 11:34:45 PM »

As you can see, I get this problem 85% of the times I try to run AH2 in Vista 32 bit. The AH2 menu seems to be a lot darker and it has that page in the upper left corner going around in circles. When this happens, the game freezes about 3 secs after getting into any arena.

However sometimes when I open AH2 it doesn't do this. But if, let's say I close the game after it starts without the dark color issue and the freezing, if I try to open the game up again it will ALWAYS get the dark color/freezing issue.

AMD Opteron 170 Dual Core
DFI NF4 SLI Expert
2GB Team Xtreem DDR Ram
Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit
101.41 Nvidia Drivers

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I basically can't play the game. :(

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 12:03:01 AM »
I have had that same thing happen without the spinning page twice in the last 2 weeks with xp-pro, amd-x2, ati vid card.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Tibu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 12:29:07 AM »
Ok now it seems to also freeze up randomly in the menu even before I try to enter any arenas. This is soo annoying :mad:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 06:57:30 AM »
Make sure you have the latest patches for Vista.  There is a new "Program compatibility patch" which addresses many problems with applicaiton compatibility.

I doubt it is the issue.  Your problems may be with the NVidia video card.  NVidia is very far behind in providing stable video card drivers for Vista.

Also, see the "Vista: Performance Hints and Tips" thread in this forum to see if that information will help.  I just started working on it, so it is still being fleshed out.
'
In general, there are a lot of problems with Vista.  The more things you can shut off the better it gets.  But drivers are the biggest problem with Vista as they are all new from the ground up.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
My brother has this problem with xp pro. He seems to think it's something to do with his pair of video cards running in SLI mode (is that the right terminology? - Two pcie cards linked together, you know)

I think if he disables SLI in windows then the problem goes away.